It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

Montui HB User
High liver test, increasing CRP and ESR

Hi
I've just got hold of some blood tests from last week. Thought someone might have gone thru the same thing. I have been diagnosed with UCTD, with no treatment given. Doctor wanted me to wait 3 months, in pain.

The tests show an increasing ESR ( was 13, now up to 39). CRP up to 12. First liver function tests show high GGT, AST, AP, suggesting to me that something is going on with the liver but I'm not sure what else it means at this stage.

Any input would be most gratefully received.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: High liver test, increasing CRP and ESR

Hi there,

My concern would be that you require more testing in order to figure out why those levels are high. There is a great number of things that can cause liver enzymes to become elevated.. my suspicion would be inflammation. I would push your doctor to get you treated before things really go bad- after all, we only have one liver. Have you seen a Rheumatologist? Your diagnosis is pretty vague. I think that you need to push for more answers. What immunological blood work have you had done that has been positive? (ANA, Anti-dsDNA, etc). Thanks and hope you feel better soon. Also- you deserve pain relief!! Push for that too, no one should have to live in chronic pain!!

~Luv, Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread