It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 02:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User
Anyone feel like they have sand in their head sometimes?

I know I must ask the stupidest questions. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the sensation of sand or something like that swishing around in your head when you stand up or move your head about?? Kind of a silly one, sorry!

Old 06-29-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

patience 50 HB User
Re: Anyone feel like they have sand in their head sometimes?

I have had this often since I was a teen. I am 54. Dr. always told me it was because I have such low blood pressure. Unil about 5 years ago my blood pressure was always in the 90's over mid 60's. Now however, it is usually between 100 and 110 over 76 to 80. Do U have low blood pressure by any chance or are U taking any meds that might cause it to dip sometimes?

Patience 50/ Bonnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User

My blood pressure has been lower lately but I've also lost about 20 pounds since March too and unfortunately inherited the beef gene from my mom's side so I still have 40 pounds to go but.... my BP as of late hasn't been anything under like 105/68 or anything when I've checked anyway. I have been experiencing dizziness when I stand though so maybe I need to pay closer attention and check it more frequently for a while. The only thing I'm taking is Tylenol, could this be doing that, I've been taking a lot of it, like 10-12 pills per day. Thanks for your help bonnie!
You take care!
Shawnee

Old 06-30-2004, 04:31 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Dear Shawnee,

10-12 Tylenol per day, every day, sounds like quite a bit, especially if continued week after week. Are you within the maximum guidelines provided by the mfgr. &/or by your doctor? Like any other med, including OTC's, too much can be extremely dangerous (liver, etc.).

Could you double-check the label & drop us all another post?

With my best, Vee

Old 06-30-2004, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

patience 50 HB User

Yes indeed, check the label. I used to take advil for pain like U R taking tylenol and that is no good either. If U just dropped 20 lbs and your blood pressure is only 105/68, it is very possible you are experiencing sudden drops with movment. We take things like standing up from a sitting position for granted but gravity pulls at us and sometimes out blood flow needs an extra few seconds to catch up to our new body position. Be careful, if you experience black spots when this happens you might sit back down for a second and when the spots go away get up a bit more slowly. If it is a blood pressure thing, slower movements should fix the problem; it did with me.
Good luck and God Bless

Patience 50/ Bonnie

Old 07-01-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

UT_mom HB User

Thanks guys!! I am taking a lot of Tylenol and I know that the label says I shouldn't take more than 8 per day so I'm not doing the right thing. But I'm sure you've had this too, there are times when even 10-12 isn't helping enough. I'm not expecting the pain to be gone but I would like to be able to open and close my hands and not have a headache all the time and such. I asked my doctor about alternating Tylenol and Ibruprophen which he said was okay to do but I can't start using anything but Tylenol for a couple more days as I had a colonoscopy and a polyp was removed and those are my instructions (because of risk of bleeding I think). Sometimes lately I suspect I may very possibly have secondary fibromyalgia with my SLE because I have a lot of pain and stiffness in my lower spine, my neck, and shoulders also. I made an appointment with a rheumatologist because my GP flat out told me I would get better care from someone of specialty than him (thank heavens for his honesty). The soonest appointment is in October however. I think I will go and see my GP again for now and tell him how much Tylenol I'm using and also see if he will start me on plaquenil for now. I think you're probably right about my BP fluctuating a lot upon movement Bonnie, I am planning on bringing this up with him too. Have either of you tried using Omega 3 fish oils or evening primrose oil for inflammation? I really don't want to go on a ton of medications if I don't have to and I would like to avoid steroids as much as possible but at the same time, my quality of life has taken a serious downhill and I'm only 25 and I'm a mom and a wife and I have things to do and a life to live too. Thank you both so much for listening!! I really appreciate all your advice! Hope you're doing well and continue to hang in there.
big hugs,
Shawnee
(I love that little waving smiley guy!)

Closed Thread