It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #1

L.I.RangerFan HB User
Please help w/Lab Results

hi everyone, I have been lurking for a while but I am now in need of some assistance.

Recently I have been seeing an MS Neuro because of the symptoms I have been having. All the "regular" ones, tingling, numbness, pain, urinary problems, tremors, spasicity, etc.

Went to the MS neuro yesterday and I am now more frustrated than ever. I believe it is time to change docs as he is not listening to my symptoms just the strange results of the MRI. (1 cm hyperintensity in the left occipital region). He is not even recommending that I see another doctor for the results of my blood work.

The results of the blood work came back all normal except for the following:

ESR, Westergren - High 38

Lyme Disease Screen - High 1.61

Lyme Disease (IGM), WB - 23 KD (IGM) Band - Reactive

Homocysteine - High 12.5

Cardiolipin AB (IGM) - High Positive 100

Phosphatidylserine AB IGM - High postive >100

Doc never mentioned anything but the Lymes test and then brushed it off as being off because I had the vaccine about 8 yrs ago.

In reading here and on research sites, I have sorta found that these test could indicate lupus or another autoimmune illness.

Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
(female)

MomwithMS HB User
Re: Please help w/Lab Results

Well, I'm not a lot of help. . .but I did want to tell you about my post - under momwithms.

I've been diagnosed with MS for the last eight to nine years. And now, it appears that I have lupus. My DNA IGG antibody was 155. I know the IGM antibody is also indicative of an autoimmune response (like lupus).

I have found some websites about the IGG and IGM antibodies. I'll try to find the info and post it for you.
Best wishes
Leslie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #3
(female)

MomwithMS HB User
Re: Please help w/Lab Results

Okay, I found it. Here's the link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_u ids=1512540&dopt=Abstract

Both IgM and IgG anti-DNA antibodies are the products of clonally selective B cell stimulation in (NZB x NZW)F1 mice.

Tillman DM, Jou NT, Hill RJ, Marion TN.

Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163.

Disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus is closely associated with the appearance of immunoglobulin (Ig)G antibody to native DNA in both humans and mice. Like normal antibody responses, the anti-DNA autoantibody first appears as IgM and then switches to IgG. Structural studies of IgG anti-DNA suggest that these antibodies are the products of clonally selected, specifically stimulated B cells. The origins of the IgM anti-DNA have been less clear.

Closed Thread