It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2004, 06:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Question tiny water blister type rash.

Hello All,

Does anybody ever experience any type of small, water like blisters on the palms of the hands and on the soles of the feet? Do you know of anybody who has this? If so, is there an actual name for the condition?

A couple of my friends who like me have lupus are experiencing this, and I hope to be able to give them some information.

I really do appreciate your help. Thank you.

goldenwings.

Last edited by goldenwings; 11-09-2004 at 06:03 AM.

Old 11-09-2004, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

elegantgi HB User
Re: tiny water blister type rash.

Hello Goldenwings,
I have a condition similiar to this. I also get the blisters between my fingers and on the tops of my feet, especiall round the big toes. I went to see my GP and he told me it was a condition called dyshidrotic eczema. From what I have read the condition can be brought on by stress as well as some type of sweating disorder. You can look on google for search images and put in dyshidrotic eczema and it will show you pictures. I have never heard of this condition being connected to Lupus but who knows.....ElegantGI

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: tiny water blister type rash.

Hello ElegantGI,

Thank you so much for the information. I have passed it on to my friend. I too haven't heard of this type of rash being anything to do with lupus. The girls in question are recently diagnosed and I think that anything and everything that happens to them, they are frightened and immediately think it is connected to lupus.

I have had lupus for over 30 years so I can offer my support and talk of how it has affected me personally, but as I am not medically trained, I try to find bits of information for others which don't come under the "norm" of symptoms so that they can then decide for themselves.

Once again, thank you. You have been very helpful. Hope you are keeping well.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 11-10-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Closed Thread