It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

elegantgi HB User
Heart Fluttering!!

Hello All,,
For the past two days I have been having what seems to be some type of heart flutter. Whenever it happens I have to take a breath (catch my breath). There is no pain involved but it is definitely noticeable to me. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and what it could signify...thanks in advance you guys for everything....ElegantGI

Old 11-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Sampy123 HB User
Re: Heart Fluttering!!

I've got the same exact thing. I have mitral valve prolapse and I think it can cause the fluttering. Another word for it is tachycardia. I too, take a deep breath and it gets the heart beating normal again. I don't think it's anything to worry about. My dr. didn't seem overly concerned about it.

Shari

Last edited by Sampy123; 11-19-2004 at 08:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #3

Mr. Strangeheart HB User

Hello EleganGI,

I have been trying to contact you for a number of days regarding your blood counts (see my post to you). I too have lowering wbc counts (very similar to your numbers) plus lowering rbc counts. I was wondering if you have had any changes with your rbc counts.

As far as the heart flutters, it could be so many things. Ever since I became ill three years ago I get lots of heart irregularities and flutters. I have been diagnosed with premature ventricular contractions, supraventricular tachycardia, and sinus tachycardia. I am on medications which control my heart now. But anything with the ticker is scary and you just do not know what you are dealing with - so go get it checked out immediately.

And I really hope to hear from you regarding your blood counts.

Thanks....Strangeheart.

Old 11-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, Elegantgi.

Are you taking any new meds, prescription or OTC's?

Only curious because many OTC's do this to me, esp. cold/sinus products. I seem to recall the old-style OTC's for periodic pain doing the same, many years back.

Caffeine gets me, too.

If you cannot come up with any plausible candidates, maybe a call to the dr. is warranted? Anyway, hope you get this figured out. Wishing you well, Vee

Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #5
(female)

elegantgi HB User

Thanks for your replies everyone,
I am not taking any new medications and I did put a call into my GP. Hopefully, I'll hear from her on Monday and get some answers. For Mr. Strangeheart-My RBC's are low as well but I have been anemic for a time now over 2 years. From what i've read and have been told by others in the support group and my Rheumy is this is all a part of Lupus. I am just keeping an eye on it due to the fact that the lower the WBC's are the more sucseptible you are to infections and to also make sure that the docs check to make sure that there is not some other underlying factor for the low WBC....ElegantGI

Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #6

Mr. Strangeheart HB User

Thanks for your response ElegantGI,

I have posted a longer response under the posting about white blood cell counts. But I appreciate knowing that you have the lowered rbc and wbc counts!

-Strangeheart.

Closed Thread