It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2005, 06:36 AM   #1

Dlee61 HB User
Red sore spots on feet

Hi all,

Today is the day after being diagnosed. I feel more comforable posting here now that I have been officially diagnosed. I suppose once I do get my rheumy appointment over with I will know more. Todays moods is just sort of "glum".
I woke up feeling this way and of course I have one of my symptoms that is most trouble kicking in to boot. My feet get these sore, very red, tender spots that flare up from time to time. As of late it is more often than not. I wrap my feet in an elastic bandage just to be able to get around without alot of pain. Anyone else with foot related experiences to share?

Debra

Old 04-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

sindie HB User
Lightbulb Re: Red sore spots on feet

Hi Debra

I have not been diagnosed with anything yet, but drs seem to think that I might have symptoms of early MS, though I'm not sure. Because what you describe about the sore spots on your feet, I have that all the time, it gets worse after I had a glass of wine, so no alcohol for me! Some medications also made it worse in the past. Does your spots also feel like it's throbbing? Is it very warm to the touch? I've had them on my hands as well.

It would be nice if you could describe all the other symptoms you have, please.

Kind regards
Sindie South Africa.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #3

Dlee61 HB User
Re: Red sore spots on feet

Hi Sindie,

The spots on my feet are usually very red in color. They are usually on the softest parts of the feet the sides and sometimes underneath. When they appear they are raised, red and yes sometimes very warm to the touch (especially if I have had to walk alot when they flare). I can feel when they are coming on. The spots themselved last anywhere from one to two days and then go away.

The elastic bandages are the only thing that seems to help to ease the pain when they flare. In my case I don't drink alcohol at all so I can't say if it makes me worse. Oh, and also I do get these similar spots on my hands from time to time too...and they hurt like heck there too.

As for my other symptoms they are all regular lupus related symptoms.

1. Arthritic pain
2. Fatigue
3. Head aches
4. Hair loss
5. Mouth Cancres
6. Rashes and hives

I have also been hypothyroid for over 15 years.

Debra

Old 04-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
(female)

sindie HB User
Red face Re: Red sore spots on feet

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Are these red spots a symptom of Lupus only or could it be something else? Because I do not have the same other symptoms as you described.

My symptoms are;
Sharp, sting-type pains through the whole body;
Double vision, also a blind spot on my left eye;
Fatigue (better now);
Trembling;
Pressure on the left side of my head, comes and goes;
Feeling off balance;
Numbness in hands and feet;
Brain fog;
oh, and the red spots!

Does this sound familiar to you at all?

How did they test you for Lupus?

Keep well.
Sindie

Old 04-07-2005, 08:17 AM   #5

Dlee61 HB User

Sindie,

I have only been recently diagnosed with Lupus. I am awaiting my first appointment with a Rheumatoligist. I don't know if they are a common occurance of Lupus or not? I posted this thread to see if it is something common or not? Maybe someone else will reply and we will both get some insight.

Good luck to you!

Debra

Old 04-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
(female)

thegraceinator HB User
D e l e t e d .

Last edited by thegraceinator; 05-11-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #7
(female)

oeee HB User

Yeah, I have red blotchy spots all over my feet and i have had them for probably four or five years...but they don't hurt. However, i do get red spots on different parts of my body that occassionally burn and hurt. Lupus really messes with your body...you never know what is gonna happen. Don't worry and find a rheumatologist that you can trust and contact whenever you need to. good luck!

Closed Thread