It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User
Talking Answers to Lupus test results questions

Hello to all ,
I have just been approved by a moderator to give you this website so you can have all your lupus test questions answered. If you go to this site and look under diseases and conditions then look up lupus you will find a piece called lab tests in lupus. This has all the lupus tests they run and what positive and negative results mean. It's a great refrence tool. So here it is.... [url]http://www.hss.edu/[/url]
I have not yet been diagnosed or seen by a rheumie yet however due to past Kidney Stones I had to go to the Urologist yesterday. I am awaiting the results of my CT and 24hr urine test (which I finished this morning) so I hope I have not developed any more of those nasty things all though I have a 70% chance........... The Urologist noticed the rash on my face and my tremors right away and asked me why I have not been to a Dermie yet, he said that a Dermie diagnoses Lupus and other skin related diseases and a Rheumie treats them is this true??? He said a GP will do nothing for me up in the boonies here where I live, he said they are used to seeing "horses" and he thinks I'm a "zebra" to use his exact words. Obviously he feels there may be something going on because he told me to go to the U of M and see a Dermie there. I will still be seeing the GP on Tuesday though to see what his opinion is. Wish me luck in all my endeavors.
Thanks and I hope you are all doing well, for those of you that are not God Bless and you will be in my prayers. I hope the link I provided will be beneficial to some of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: ksp
4Cathy4 (10-23-2010), bamabred (10-21-2011), egpto (03-10-2011), kmundy (08-12-2011)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksp For This Useful Post:
4Cathy4 (10-23-2010), Agenda (08-27-2012), bamabred (10-21-2011), Franlfdj (01-25-2011), Paintergrl (07-04-2012), Romney (07-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Great News For Those With Questions On Lupus Test Results!!

Very cool! It's a great site, I bookmarked it, Thanks for sharing!!

~Sam~

Old 05-13-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User

Just wanted to add that the website has a lot of good information on antiphospholipid antibody syndrome as well, if anyone is interested.

~Sam~

Old 05-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
(female)

darkwater HB User

I just wanted to second the endorsement of this web site. The hosptial that puts up this web site is in the top 5 in the country for rheumatology according to a recent highly-regarded ranking. I have found so much good information there. They have so many great articles and streaming audio and video on so many topics that have to do with lupus and the health concerns that go with it (kidneys, pregnancy, osteoporosis, chemo vs steriods, etc.) If you go to this site looking for answers, you are almost sure to find some.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thank you KSP

Old 05-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Your welcome to all but please be sure to thank the moderators who gave me the permission to post this site!!!!!! I hope everyone finds it useful and I'm happy to share. Anything I can do to help...... Have a great night everyone!!!

Closed Thread