It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

steppiemum HB User
Is this Lupus? What about sweating?

I was diagnosed with RA 8 yrs. ago and was even injecting Enbrel. 2 years ago, I asked to be tested for Lupus and my results since then have been 1:160 on the ANA panel with the Anti-DS DNA ranging from 7-9. The results are negative for RA. The rheumy says I have latent lupus. Nothing latent a far as I'm concerned. Lots of swollen joints, sore muscles, tired, etc. etc. Also, I sweat a lot! I have no tolerance to heat. Could this be lupus related? Thanks.

Last edited by steppiemum; 06-20-2005 at 08:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add that I'm now negative RA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Is this Lupus? What about sweating?

Dear steppiemum,

At age 43 or so, the sweaty thing hit me, too---outdoors, after coffee & other hot liquids, etc. I also had low-grade fevers. I am STILL not sure how much of this was perimenopause. I did end up going through total menopause early.

And I can't tell how much of it was due to lupus being "on the rise". During that same time span, I was getting bigger rashes, more pain & fatigue, bowel & bladder problems, etc. Photosensitivity was certainly worsening. The autonomic nervous system, which controls body temp, can be affected by lupus, I've read.

As for your anti-ds-DNA result, I've read about lab results that are expressed in *ratio* form, but I don't understand the "plain number" result you described. I do wonder what *others* here think about ANY evidence of anti-ds-DNA. Maybe others more knowledgeable can pitch in soon on this important pt.

I really hope at some pt. you are offered whatever treatment(s) are appropriate to your current symptoms (incl. labs) and thus can make informed decisions. I get the feeling you're thinking ENOUGH ALREADY---and I know I'd be thinking that in your shoes, for sure. Anyway, with best wishes to you, from Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

steppiemum HB User

Vee,
Thanks so much for your response. I'm probably stuck on the "numbers" because I get copies of all my labs. I am a firm believer that no matter how wonderful your doc is, you are in charge of your treatment and health. Thanks again.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, steppiemum. I'm pretty sure there are people currently here with anti-ds-DNA. AngelicBrat (where is she anyway???) probably also could say more. If I can find something on it, I'll post---but still ask for others to weigh in, OK?

That said, I'm with you---that you really do have to monitor your own results. Wish I'd caught onto that reality sooner!

Anyway, let us know how you are doing when you have the time, OK? Vee

Closed Thread