It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User
Unhappy All of a sudden, I feel like I have the flu

I have been feeling worse and worse for the few weeks. The following are my symptoms:

-Headaches in the rear/head of my head– come on suddenly; most often when I am outside
-Ringing in my ears (mostly the right)
-Rash in my ears, pelvis
-Pain behind eyeballs (pressure)
-Dry eyes
-Joint pain – shoulders, right elbow, wrists, left hip, knees, ankles, feet
-Muscle tremors (come and go suddenly) – chests, hips, thighs, trunk, arms, fingers, toes, lips, teeth, eyes, nose, cheeks, bridge of nose
-Muscle Pain/Weakness – arms, hands
-Numbness/Tingling (come and go suddenly) – lips, teeth, eyes, nose, cheeks, bridge of nose
-Chest pain
-Pelvic pain (especially during menstrual cycle, feels like electric shocks)
-Heart Palpitations
-Fatigue (comes on suddenly)
-Memory Loss (i.e., forget coworkers names)
-Poor concentration
-Achy feelings all over (comes on suddenly)
-Hot flashes
-Low tolerance for heat/cold
-Indigestion
-Anxious
-Hard heart beat
-Frequent urination.

I as diagnosed with Graves Disease (overactive thyroid) last year. In January I had the radiactive iodine treatment (RAI) which made my thyroid hypo (useless). Now I take Synthroid daily, as directed. For a few months I was feeling pretty good. Now I feel like I never had the RAI.

Family history of rhuematoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, Lupus, thyroid disease.

On top of the symptoms above, I now feel like i have the flu! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Blessed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: All of a sudden, I feel like I have the flu

Dear blessed4life, Have you had all the standard rheumatological blood tests run? (I'm sorry, I don't remember whether you've said one way or the other.)

I don't know if all of these symptoms could be ascribed to the Grave's &/or Synthroid. But just based on your family history, I'd wonder, too, in your shoes... Have your expressed your concerns to your dr(s)? Vee

Old 07-22-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User

Vee

I am sorry to say that I really don't know what blood work I have had done aside from TSH for thyroid. When I saw the dr on Weds, he had them take about 4 tubes of blood and they say it would take a week from some of the results to come back. Hopefully that means they are testing everything. I just want some solutions.

Like today, I have to take 19 pills! That is just crazy to me.

Here's what I am taking and for what

Synthroid 88mcg - thyroid hormone replacement
Prednisone 4mg - joint pain, headaches
Toprol 25mg - Tremors/muscle spasms
Nitrofuran 100mg - UTI
Etodolac 500mg - joint pain/inflammation
Allegra 60mg - Allergies/Inflammation in ears, throat, lungs

I really don't get this. My mom had an overactive thyroid and they took it out. She is 21 years older than me and rarely has a complaint.

Blessed

Old 07-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, Blessed. Wow, I see what you mean about your meds. I hope your bloodwork results will enable any necessary corrections to be made & that you'll get onto a better track quickly.

You could get a copy of all results for your records---always a good idea to keep your own files, esp. when comprehensive tests are being run.

Post us an update when you get the results, OK?---or before, or whenever the mood strikes, OK? Bye for now, from Vee

Old 07-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User

Thanks, Vee. Great advice on the labs. I really would like to have a full picture of what's going on for myself. I'll keep you posted.

Blessed

Closed Thread