It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Question for Veej...

Hi Veej, just had a quick question for you. You are always mentioning a book that you like and refer to. I was in the bookstore the other day and saw a book by a Dr. Wallace it said third edition. Is this the book you like and refer to from time to time. I didn't have time to look it over, just picked it up to look closer at the cover and literally 'thumbed' the book. I have been wanting to get a book on lupus. Any other recommendations are appreciated also.

Thanks
Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Question for Veej...

Hi, Glojer. Yes, the Dr. Daniel Wallace book is a fine hardcover---with a darn fine index too (which I add to whenever I find something that is not indexed ). Mine looks like a 2nd edition; if there's a 3rd, then you'll see even better info, I bet.

I used to also have a Dr. Robert Lahita hardcover, which I lent out & never got back. It's excellent, too.

You could find a bench in your bookstore & try looking up a few things of particular interest, to see in which it's easier to find & comprehend. But I don't think you could go wrong with either. These men are two of the top rheumies in the U.S.

I borrowed a bunch of books from my library system before deciding which to buy. Have a great weekend! See you later, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thank you Veej. Yes my bookstore has a place to sit and have coffee and everything, I have used their comfy chairs before. So I will do that with the books you suggested. It is always nice to have a good book for referral and I haven't taken the time to treat myself in a bookstore in a long time, I think I am about due to spend a lazy afternoon. Thanks!

Glojer

Old 08-12-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Veej,

I finally had a chance to get to the bookstore. I picked up the Dr. Wallace book, I didn't see the Dr. Lahita book. I didn't ask for help since the Dr. Wallace book looked so good, I figure when I finish this one I will go back and look for the other one. I just started through it last night and already I'm hooked. I dug out all my blood tests to see how some of them compare. Of course I have lots of reading to do, but just spot checking it I can tell it is going to be will worth it. It has great information. Thanks again Veej.

Glojer

Closed Thread