It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
(male)

help0001 HB User
Rheumatologist appointment

On Friday 19th August I had to see my Rheumatologist for my 6 month check up on my Raynauds. I was really very nervous. I also took a copy of my ANA test that came back positive at 1/80 - Fine speckled pattern. I didn't see my usual Rheumatologist but the appointment really went well. My Raynauds actually occurred whilst I was in his office and he seen it himself how bad mine goes. I'm only 19 as well. I mentioned all my symptoms and so on and I even explained about my joint pain. He was feeling around my knee and I just automatically believed it was fat forming around the knee but he was really pressing and feeling it and trying to excercise the joint. He mentioned that I need to do excercises as much as possible now for the moment. He wants to see me back sometime soon ( can't remember the date). At the end of the appointment he said I think we need to try and investigate further just in case something else is behind this. My ANA was negative when I seen the Rheumatologist a few years back. He is doing the following tests:

- Compltete Blood Count
- Liver and Kidney Function Tests
- ESR
- CRP
- Immunoglobins
- ANA
- ENA

Could anyone give me any advice about the tests above, and when my tests come back which are specific at confirming lupus?

I hope someone can help me. It would be very much appreciated.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Rheumatologist appointment

Hi, Help. There's a new "sticky post" at the very top of the board about answers to test questions, with a website you can access. The moderators were nice enough to let "ksp" put this info up as a "sticky"---which is good, as there are so MANY tests possible.

Some drs. go for broke & order more specific antibody tests on the first try, instead of waiting to see if ANA comes back positive, which may be a faster & more thorough approach to bloodwork. Such tests would be things like anti-Ro, anti-La, anti-RNP, etc. Blessed4Life just wrote on this subject a few days ago, on a thread called (more or less) "Does ANA negative lupus exist?" That thread should be very useful, too.

After you do some digging, maybe you'll want to fire off some more questions to everyone. Bye for now, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread