It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #1

Sun_Shine HB User
Question Just out of hosptial & very bad sore throat/swollen glands - need your input

Need your input my special board buddies,

After spending most of last week in the hosptial on IV steriods/fluids - mega potassium & antibotics. I've been home resting. And I'm VERY thankful to be home in my own bed. I'm still on 60mg of Prednisone daily combined with 20meq of Potassium, 1600mg antibiotics, Vicodin, & Naproxen as needed. Trazodone to sleep which isn't helping (took 5 hrs last 2 nights to get to sleep).

My glands have been swollen and tender for the last week or so but, today they are very very sore/swollen in both my neck & arms. And added to that today my throat has become very sore & I'm losing my voice. I'm already on antibiotics twice daily. I do have chest pain, dizziness & a pressure headache. I checked my temp & right now I do not have one but, I did have a slight one yesterday (which I seem to get every afternoon for a few hours). My body still feels like a truck is running over it & moving right now is not happening.

At this point it's Friday & getting a hold of my doctor is difficult. At what point whould you be concerned? IE I realize if the temp comes back I need to head to the ER but, until then?

I know this sounds idiotic to ask these questions but, I guess at this point I still hate bugging my doctor or bothering my family for little things. Especially after putting them through the hosptial stay last week which was tramatic for all, as at one point they thought Lupus was affecting the brain & I was so sick. (Spinal taps, MRI's, blood work etc.).

Thoughts?

Last edited by Sun_Shine; 11-19-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Re: Just out of hosptial & very bad sore throat/swollen glands - need your input

Hi Sunshine,

I think a call back to your doctor is really needed. The swollen glands could either be your flare or another infection. Especially since your immune system is knocked down from the steroid. Don't let it get any worse.

I wouldn't call these little things. You don't sound like your in the best of shape right now. Your doctor works for you so don't feel like your bugging him. I truly hope you called him today or got rechecked at the ER.

Let us know how you are doing and I hope you get better really quickly.

deb

Old 11-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #3

Sun_Shine HB User
Re: Just out of hosptial & very bad sore throat/swollen glands - need your input

Deb thanks for the reply. I know I was just dragging my feet on this which is completely stupid. I'm not feeling much better - temp up slightly & chest pain is worsening. If my temp goes up anymore I will head into the ER. I just hate to force my husband to spend another weekend at the hosptial but, if the situation were reversed and it was him I'd be furious that he hadn't told me & gone to the doctor. But, you are so right in your message. Bottom line if we think we might need to call the doctor we probably do!

I'll keep everyone posted. Hugs to you!
Suni

Last edited by Sun_Shine; 11-19-2005 at 10:50 AM.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:28 AM   #4
(female)

jusbreatheOM HB User

I'm with Debill pls do a call back, better to go now, and find out for sure then wait and you get worse and spend more time in the hospital. I wish you well! God Bless You and your family!

Closed Thread