It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

Bristol44 HB User
Weight loss

Have any of you experienced weight loss with lupus? I have that, joint pain, hair loss, etc.

GBonnough

Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Weight loss

Hi Gbonnough,

No, no such luck for me I constantly fight to lose weight, but then I am also fighting to get a proper diagnosis and the right meds to help. I'm sure someone will have better info than me.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
(female)

amieg HB User

Oh I wish!!!
I have a multitude of other symptoms but I'm never fortunate enough to lose weight easily. Although I do understand it is a common symptom.

"Be careful about reading health books, you may die of a misprint." ~~Mark Twain

Old 11-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Dear GBonnough, I'm one who loses weight during flae-ups, even after being on Plaquenil for 5 years. Have you been formally Dx'ed?

Take care! Vee

Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
(female)

all messed up HB User

I am new to this site, but not new to the problems with Lupus and other autoimmune disorders. Weight loss? I have lost 46 pounds since Feb of this year. All unplanned. Most recent loss, 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Have had many blood tests, barium swallow, EGD, motility tests, etc, and drs still have no clue as to why I am losing weight. My rheumy says could be possible with lupus, but I should have other symptoms that I don't.
What meds are you taking? It could be loss of appetite from a new med or a combination of meds.
Hope this helps

all messed up

Old 11-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
(female)

Mrs. Buck HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBonnough
Have any of you experienced weight loss with lupus? I have that, joint pain, hair loss, etc.

GBonnough
I am new to Healthboards and to Lupus. I have lost over 35 lbs. this year (without trying) and have had hair loss. I have been diagnosed with Fibro for many years, but after my lastest flare-up my doctors are leaning towards Lupus. Neither my neurologist or primary doctor has given me the diagnosis of Lupus, both have stated that my rhumatolgist would be the one to make that diagnosis. My next appt with him will be in December. My primary doctor said not to worry, nothing will change with the diagnosis, the doctors will work as a team and I will be treated symptomatically as I have been doing for years.

Closed Thread