It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User
tests showing stuff now

hello wonderful lupus people,

Still getting there. got my hospital tests back and from what i can see its definately lupus now. i looked up the results of some of the tests. Heres what i found but your input from expert lupus people would be much welcomed. and i have got all the info ready to take to St thomas s on friday.

Bloods:

Total IgE result 312 range 0-81
( i did some reading that it can be caused by allergic disease but also acute lupus flare? when this high)

lymphocytes low - 1.3 range 1.5-4
monocytes high1.0 range 0.2-0.8

Anyone explain lymphocytes these were really high a few months ago too?

serum b12- low 187 range 246-911

i think this is for anemia and associated with lupus?

My total protein is quite high too.

urine microscopy

Had blood and protein in myurine on and off for a year now with those dipstick tests.

But recent microscopy showed

white cells **
red cells**
epithelial cells *** ( heavy)
crystals debris ** ( moderate)

Id never seen tham come up before and i have had two microscopy with that finding. I did some research on the net and they seem to suggest nephritis which one doc at the hospital questioned. any ideas.

scans:

ct scan showed enlarged liver

ultra sound of neck showed enlarged lymph nodes which were big enough to biopsy and still may be done

spinal tap/lumbar puncture

Showed blood and white cells and a small amount of lymphocytes but it may have been down to a traumatic bleed.

however ther was elevated protein which the neurologist said could be to do with lupus.

still awaiting anti-cardiolipin test result or whatever it is.

So what do you think. those that know me on these boards know i have outward physical symptons of what seems to be lupus. no positive anas ever though!!

Do you reckon st thomas will have enough to go on with this lot and my symptons. appreciate any feed back love to you all be safe and well

Zoe x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: tests showing stuff now

Hey, Zoe! Good to see you posting & glad to know more of your results are in. From what I've read---and I certainly have ZERO professional training---it would seem that your results will convey meaningful info to the professionals at St. Thomas.

And are they GOOD ENOUGH at St. Thomas to ascertain what it all means, you ask? My best bet is a huge YES.

A short story: About 5 years ago, I found an article by Dr. Hughes (of the Rayne Institute, St. Thomas) that fascinated me. It was his "alternative criteria" for lupus---the criteria AngelicBrat cited in her sticky post [see top of Board]. Anyway, I felt driven to write him a thank-you note of sorts---and here's the kicker---he wrote back some months later, thanking me for my note. How kind of him was that?

I believe you'll find top-flight expertise & very real concern, Zoe. We'll all be watching for your updates. Huge hugs, from Vee

Old 12-05-2005, 03:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User
Re: tests showing stuff now

Dearest Veej,

Hugs hugs and more hugs. just wanted to say how much you have helped me this last year. im bad right now but thre days to go to my appointment.! hope and faith and friends like you will get me through. Lupus really is the wierdest illness ever.

lots of love zoe x

Closed Thread