It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #1
(female)

angels_among_us HB User
long time since I have been here

I have surgery this comming week for a possiable hernia and Scar endometriosis.. I am pretty scared about the pain after surgery.I also have Fm. How do I address the surgeon about my fear of the pain after surgery? He did say recovery would be longer due to the Lupus but that is basically all.
I have had surgeries in the past and always found the recovery extremly hard . any advice?
thanks in advance

Old 12-06-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: long time since I have been here

Angels...I would be straight forward with the surgeon. I think if you express your fear in an organized and thought out manner, relaying to the surgeon your fears as they relate to your illness he should respond. I know it is difficult with some docs but telling him how you feel and letting him know your concern is your right as a patient. Please don't let him dismiss how you feel. Good luck I hope all goes well for you.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
(female)

angels_among_us HB User
Exclamation Re: long time since I have been here

I know its been a long time since I posted this.. But I did want to update this.
I did have the surgery and it was horriable! I was to go home that day but end up spending 5 days in the hospital on a morphine pump and with my lungs filled with fluid. Also at night I would run a fever of over 104-105 that litterly burnt my face. the first few days I dont remember as I was so ill but the last few days was very hard. anyways I am posting the update because I want to let everyone know if you have lupus and have to have a surgery please do get a dr that is 100% ok doing surgery on you with you having lupus. I was told if I would of went home that night my lungs would of filled up all the way and i would of passed on. even after I was home I was very ill for a very long time. I am ok now but been having a lot more lupus flares since surgery

Last edited by angels_among_us; 05-16-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
(female)

heartburnless HB User
glad you are recovering

I had a Nissan Fundoplication {surgery to wrap stomach around esophagus} to stop severe gerd and a hiatal hernia repair. I know the pain you suffered and you probably still are. I wish I could give you some pointers,but all I did was pray every day that the pain would be better.I hope you continue to heal without anymore complications.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
(female)

sach34 HB User

Thats funny you should mention that your surgery made your lupus worse (I am not diagnosed with lupus, but I guess I am one of those people that there is a possiblity I could have it). I had galbladder surgery in December and since then my bladder problems flared up (diagnosed with overactive bladder, but going to see a urologist soon). I blame it on the surgery since I associate it with that time period because it started right after surgery. However there are other factors that could be causing it as well such as the topamax I am on for migraines. Who knows?
I am sorry you had such a horrible experience. Thank you for sharing with us.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, Angels. Just noticed your update. I'm sorry you've had such a wretched time of it & hope things are steadily improving for you. Hang tough! All my best wishes, Vee

Closed Thread