It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

aarons_mommy HB User
Unhappy please help me - i'm freaking out.

i went to the doctor cause i was having pains and stuff and he took blood work and is testing me for lupus and other things. but said the results wouldnt be in til next thursday.

but ive been having pain in my back and it even felt swollen. i could hardly get up out of bed at times. i had pain near my left ribcage and it felt swollen in that area too..

i had pain in the left side of my face and it felt numbish/swollen but just on that side. today i noticed a red spot on that side of my face too when it hurt. but i didnt have the rash on my nose.

my throat feels like something is in it or something.

i have had probelms going to the bathroom w/my stomach killing me.
and i missed a menstrual period. i just started hat but im hardly bleeding.

i have felt so fatigued lately like im about to fall out or something. just no energy.

does this all sound like lupus or what? and can u have a red spot rash like thing on just one cheek or side of the face? or have one - sided anything with lupus?? and how long does the rash last? mine was there only a few hours or so.

also i have had pain in my shoulder where i couldnt hardly move it.

i also have had anxiety because i dont know whats wrong i guess. now my hands and feel are all sweaty like.

and i have no energy and feel bad when i stand up or sit up.

i just dont feel right. i went to er last night and they did an ekg cuz i had anxiety and my heart rate was so fast. but they didnt find anything wrong w/my heart.

my feet are very very dry and scaly and have stayed this way for a long time.

i dont know if my sympotms are all realated but im scared.

im having bad anxiety right now and need somenoe to tell me what they think.

Last edited by aarons_mommy; 01-04-2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: please help me - i'm freaking out.

Hi. Hang in there! If you read the "sticky post" at the front of the Board with the ACR criteria for Dx'ing systemic lupus, you'll see that you must meet 4 of the 11 criteria over time (meaning not necessarily all at once).

What's not real clear about the ACR criteria is that they apply only to *systemic* lupus (SLE). There are lesser "subsets": the intermediate one is called SCLE (subacute cutaneous LE) and the least one is called DLE (discoid lupus).

I can see from your list that you feel pretty punk right now. But---it may not be lupus. I hope you post back when your bloodwork & urine tests, etc. are back. Main thing is to hang in there, and also to know that even people who do have lupus can go through many rounds of tests before answers crystallize. Some people have such clear (& awful) symptoms & test results that they are Dx'ed immediately, but for many, no...

About one-sided facial rashes: from all that I've read, I tend to agree that the classic "malar" (butterfly) rash seen in systemic lupus tends to be symmetrical & across the bridge of the nose. Not to scare you, but there are other rashes seen in lupus: SCLE annular, SCLE-psoriaform, discoid, etc. But if you've only had one spot so far, maybe it makes more sense not to overworry just yet?

Hang in there, OK?! Rooting for you! Sincerely, Vee

Closed Thread