It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

baseball HB User
?

Hi Everyone

it's been awhile since I've been here. I doing great! I still don't have a DX yet, but I don't care as much because I'm feeling so much better! I've been on Hydrox (don't know the spelling)400 mg a day. Sometimes I think now that I don't have anything wrong with me. I don't want to go off the meds and see just yet.
My ? today is. Has anyone had where you say the wrong word? Like when your talking and you say the word wrong or you say some other word instead of saying what you meant? Sometimes I do that. Or I'll say something I'm thinking and not mean to at all and can't believe I just said it that way. I'm I going crazy?

Thanks for all the help!

LIz

Old 01-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: ?

No baseball, it is just a fact of being busy and having too much on your mind. We sometimes call it brain fog. It doesn't get a whole lot better, but we learn to live with it and laugh a lot at the funny things we say. I think the stress of feeling bad and having pain and of course taking meds for that pain causes this to happen. Relax and try not to worry about it and that should make it better.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
(female)

baseball HB User
Re: ?

THANK YOU for responding!

Old 01-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Wink Re: ?

Hiya baseball,

Wrong words come tumbling out of my mouth at times, honestly. I have embarrassed myself before now too by mixing my words up - I have actually used swear words without realising. I get funny looks too at times, but like Glojer says you must learn to not take things too seriously when you do this. If we can laugh at ourselves, then this is such a positive step. I also totally forget what I have been talking about too, and just sit staring into space. My husband asks me if I am looking for divine inspiration. Nope, I just totally forget. I will just sit and stare and sometimes I eventually just let it go because it is too hard to even try to remember what it was I was trying to remember.

On the serious side though, you must obviously make sure that there isn't an underlying reason for this. I know with me it is because of my SLE. Just put your own mind at rest. Apart from that, just carry on doing what you are doing, it seems to be the right thing for you. I hope you continue to feel well.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-25-2006 at 08:34 AM.

Closed Thread