It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

baseball HB User
brain fog

How do you know if you have it?(brain fog) I know I have ADD. They sound the same. But I've never had a hard time with talking or saying the wrong things before!

Thanks Liz

Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
(female)

Kathie T. HB User
Re: brain fog

I get that allllll the time. I will totally mix up my sentences and forget words. I am a teacher and find that I forget how to spell really easy words. Today I spelled (easy-esay), kept looking at it thinking something was wrong then had to look in the dictionary! I also find myself forgetting a ton of things (short term)-the other day I was looking in my room for my checkbook and I totally forgot why I was looking around my room. Last year I thought I had a brain tumor cause of all of it, but my doc says it's just the autoimmune. My poor friends keep telling me things and right afterwords I forget something (like if they are talking about a school project, I'll remember they were talking about their project, but I forget what their topic was...). Is this what your experiencing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
(female)

baseball HB User

Thanks Kathie for responding, Yes things like that happen all the time but I feel I've always been that way because of ADD.Lately I've been saying things wrong. Like I'll say something I didn't even know I was thinking. One day I was talking to a lady that (this is really hard to write) sometimes smells and instead of asking her if she was driving to Florida I said "So did you shower today". I got out of it by saying "I don't know why I just said that. She didn't think anything of it.Thank God! It's a funny story but I hope it wasn't happen again. I also mess up peoples names all the time. More so lately. I see my Doc around the 30th so I'll tell him about it. Like I said before my Doctor has not DX's yet.I think He's waiting to see what else comes up with my health. Thanks Liz

Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #4

Sun_Shine HB User

Hi Liz, sorry to hear you are getting the brain fog. Combine that with ADD & it really can make you seem like losing your mind. There are some good previous posts from people with Lupus & ADD. If you get a chance do a quick healthboard search under those topics & hopefully some of the posts will help.

Hang in there!
Suni

Old 01-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh the state of brain fog, I have lived there for many years. I experience the same things as KathyT and others. I hate when I start out to drive to someplace I have been many times and then can't remember how to get there or worse can't remember where I am going. Scares you at first and you think alzhiemers but when it comes down to it you realize it is just brain fog and the inability to concentrate the way you should.

Glojer

Closed Thread