It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
(male)

larz77 HB User
Feeling Down...

Hi fellow lupies! I've been feeling down. I'm tired of all the meds that I'm on right now. I feel like a drug store. Last year I was diagnosed as having lupus. Years ago, it attacked my kidneys and they thought that what I had was vasculitis. I've been very responsive with prednisone, but that gives you such a beating.

So, because of the Kidney issues, I'm on three different blood pressure meds (one of them a diuretic because of the prednisone).

Because of the prednisone, my doctor pushes calcium at me.

For the lupus, I was given plaquenil, which apparently (due to a new flare) isn't enough to hold me in remission. She now wants to go to Imuran (I think that's the name...its a chemo drug), leaving me on plaquenil.

Add to it that I was apparently blessed with high uric acid (gout) she has given me allpurinal.

I'm hating everything that I need to take. As I mentioned, I'm seemingly in the middle of a flare. My sed rate is up around 53 and there was a couple urine tests that were off (some ratio tests with creatinin).

So, I'm feeling really low today. Any pick-me-ups?

L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

baseball HB User
Re: Feeling Down...

Larz I don't know what to tell you because I'm not in your shoes. I just wanted to wish you a happy day! Try to go to a moive or call a funny friend just to take a few minutes for yourself and not think of everything!
LIZ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Feeling Down...

Dear Larz77, Like Liz says, I look to my funnier friends, for amusing books & movies (DVD's if I don't feel like braving the crowds). Sometime I just look for anything I find lovely or transcendent, music, mostly. Sometimes poetry.

In short, anything that takes one out of oneself a bit. A nice cup of tea. Giving yourself permission to rest & nap, as needed.

Mustn't forget doggies, either (or cats, or ???). If you're an animal lover, that is... Make a pet-owning friend pay you a visit if you enjoy pets but don't have one of your own. When I first moved almost 2 states away, after school, I used to borrow pets for my mental health. That was years before I got Dx'ed, but I still remember the void those dear little "loaners" filled. All best wishes, Vee (P.S. Check in again soon, OK?)

Closed Thread