It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Today Show Book in Auction

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd post this. I have been told that the Today Show auctioned their green room book for 2005 on a well known auction site. The book contained a collection of signatures, notes, and doodles from actors, singers, politicians and other newsmakers who have appeared on the show. There were over 400 signatures in all.

The book went to the highest bidder for - wait for it - $34,107 !!!! and the proceeds went to the Lupus Foundation of America. How superb is that !!

Just wanted to share.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-26-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Today Show Book in Auction

Wow, that's amazing! Glad to hear that lupus is getting more exposure in the media lately. They have several lupus walks here in my state every year, and I do participate as best I can. I also get newsletters every few months, and it does appear they are making significant advancements with regards to research. Maybe one day...

~sam~

Last edited by life_is_good; 01-27-2006 at 05:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #3

Sun_Shine HB User

Goldenwings thanks for posting on the book auction. The woman that was nominated (for which charity to do the donation) had Lupus since she childhood and died of Lupus complications months after giving birth to a healthy little boy. She sounded like a really wonderful woman. A life to be celebrated! The Today Show has been doing a good job of mentioning the book & Lupus in the mornings. Hopefully it will help to get more "word" out there plus, the donation to the Lupus.org is fabulous!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Sun Shine,

Thanks for the added information. So sad though, I actually didn't know of this part of the story. A beautiful little boy though to carry on his mamma's strength and love.

As you said hopefully getting lupus out there will eventually enable more and more people to be aware and they may be then willing to donate to lupus as their chosen charity.

Good to speak to you. I hope you are feeling ok'ish. Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-30-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I didn't know this, thanks for the information.

Glojer

Closed Thread