It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

DLayne HB User
Post A Newbie to the site

Hello everyone,

I have been taking steroids for over 3 months now. Just last week I started the Plaquenil. They just upped my prednisone bc I am in a flare. I just happened to have an appointment last week with my Rheumy and I had 2 mouth sores coming on....sore joints on my left side ie my foot ankle and wrist. Plus muscle spasms and suffering from fatigue. This has been a rough last 3 months. It has been an emotional roller coaster. In the last 20 yrs I have had quite a bit of the criterion for lupus but never had a Dr follow up on it. I have had the pleurisy multiple times...The rashes ...leukopenia...thrombocytopenia...anemi a...excessive amt of protein in urine...but everytime I went to Dr nothing was ever done until this last year.Now that I have a new Dr that will listen he finally did testing. My ANA titer came back a low pos and ESR was elevated WBC really low again. I am finding it really hard to not cry everyday about this disease The more I find out the worse I feel. There arent any support groups close too me.
The computer support groups will have to suffice for now. Thanks for listening everyone.

D'Layne

Old 01-29-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: A Newbie to the site

Dear D'Layne, Welcome! I'm glad that you are finally being treated, but I'm sorry for your long ordeal. I had episodic but persistent problems since childhood, too. But even with the long years you decribe, it's still kind of shocking when it finally gets a name, somehow.

Anyway, there are lots of people here with lots of personal experience. Plus, lots of good info, if you want to read more, such as
(1) The "Resources" tab at the top of the page takes you to various sites, like MedLine Plus, etc.
(2) Ditto with the "sticky posts" (permanent posts) at the front of the Board.
(3) There are two hardcover authors that are especially good: Dr. Daniel Wallce & Dr. Robert Lahita. Most libraries & bookstores will have their lupus books.

Bye for now. I hope you check in & post often. Sincerely, Vee (Dx'ed in 2000 with SCLE, the intermediate subset of lupus, with positive anti-Ro)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: A Newbie to the site

DLayne welcome. The Dr. Wallace book that veej referred to is great, I took her advice and read it. It is a very helpful book.

Support is what you get here so when you are in need come here and we will try to help.

Glojer

Closed Thread