It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question The Creepy Crawlies on the Skin.....

Hi!
I would like to know if there are any Lupus patients out there, that feel what I feel once in a while...?.

I sometimes get these strange sensations on my head, or forehead...that there is a whole lot of little "things" moving around on my head, in my hair....now someone that I used to work with, she was telling me her mom had Lupus,and that she would have these strange "creepy crawlie" feelings all over...only on the skin..I thought that my co-worker was mixed up ,wrong,or something when she told me this...however, now, I have had this feeling for sometime now(and it wasn't a suggestion..ya know like the power of suggestion.)..I think that I had had it for awhile, but, I thought, that it as lice,and I went and bought lice med to wash my hair out...over and over ,and to comb it out....(I worked in a preschool,and we sometimes had this happen!) But, it isn't Lice! Do lupus patients get these bizarre feelings sometimes? I still get those "icky" creepy crawlie feelings...so what could it be?

Also, I have gotten, every now and again...and itchy tongue...and this, I have had also when I was a little kid as well! What can this be from? I tried to look it up....but, I guess that it was too strange for the search engine to put an answer to! Help! Does anybody have any answers?

nightowl2

Last edited by nightowl2; 02-08-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: The Creepy Crawlies on the Skin.....

there was a thread I read last week or so about someone who had something like that and they thought they were going crazy with worms in their eyes.
Someone wrote in and said it is some condition that starts with the letter M
I wish I could remember what it is, but it is a valid, real condition. I looked it up, but just can't remember.....I think it starts with Mu......something.
Sorry, I know that's not a lot of help, maybe someone else will remember it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, nightowl. I had the creepy-crawlies, too, esp. right before I was Dx'ed and before I started Plaquenil. Like little critters flitting, up & down, underneath the skin of my arms mostly. Very unnerving. The day I had my first appt. with my new (and current rheumie), I was sitting & rubbing my arms, so he asked why; and he was NOT surprised at all at the description.

I don't know this sensation correlated to my rashes, which were also mainly on arms and some on torso. Or, possibly, whether the "creepies" might also be caused by anemia, which (per one of my lab reports) can result in "unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms". I hardly ever get this sensation anymore, 5+ years into ongoing treatment.

Do you have a Dx of lupus or something in the ballpark? Whatever you have, I hope help for the "creepies" is on its way. Sincerely, Vee (Dx'ed with the SCLE form of lupus, positive anti-Ro but negative ANA... and what a mess THAT was to wade through )

Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User

I believe it's called paresthesia and I get this sensation on my lower legs. It's very common in lupus patients and quite annoying.

~sam~

Old 02-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Arrow Re: The Creepy Crawlies on the Skin.....

!
thanks for those answers...I am also itching alot every where.!!! .I think that I may be allergic to some cleaning soaps or sprays at this time as well...it is hard to tell!

nightowl2

Old 02-10-2006, 06:46 AM   #6

diinin HB User

I have a ton of that, creepy and itchy.

BTW, you should NEVER use lice products without knowing for sure you have lice. Those chemicals aren't harmless. THey can even cause seizures in children if left on too long.

Mine is lichen planopilaris on the head, and lichen planus on the back mostly, but also on the chest, near armpits, etc. On the back there is an obvious rash, but other places, it just itches, and I can only see tiny red areas after I get out of the shower in those places.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Dear Nightowl, Cleaning products & soaps cause itchy bumps my hands. I always wear rubber gloves while doing housework. Some sprays get to me, too. I have to keep the bathroom door open & make sure the vent isn't covered before spraying---else there'll be a big round of coughing, sneezing & wheezing.

You could try to reduce the possible effects of such products. Can't hurt to try! (I guess giving up cleaning isn't an option, attractive as it sounds!

Take care! from Vee

Closed Thread