It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

cookingmom HB User
Does anyone have muscle pain

I have had lupus for over 10 years and my main problem has been the lupus arthritis. I am on plaquenil, prednisone and methotrexate. For the past two week I have been getting steadily worse - so much more fatigue, and now I feel muscle pain. The muscles in my back and arms are so sore. I have always had fatigue but now it is so much more. Does anyone have the muscle probles with their lupus? Do you think the increase in symptoms is just an increase in a flare?

Just a note - I also have APLS with a positive lupus anticoagulant so I am on coumadin for that.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Does anyone have muscle pain

cookingmom,
As I was reading your post, I was wondering if you had antiphospholipid syndrome and then I saw that you do have it. I have muscle pain and my rheumy says it's part of apls. I find that it gets worse when I am flaring. Even when not flaring, I have pain and sensitivity upon touch. This is all part of apls but sometimes it gets confusing which symptoms are from which condition. I find soaking in a hot tub or bathtub does help though.
~sam~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #3

BlessingsGalore HB User
Talking Re: Does anyone have muscle pain

I have mucho muscle soreness and pain with Fibro. I also have Lupus and am told they overlap often with symptoms. Have you been checked for Fibromyalgia ??? It's a miserable thing, so I pray you don't have it.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello cookingmom,

Not diagnosing you in any way here of course but I was going to suggest that you speak to your doctor about maybe having fibro. I have APS and have done for oh so many years now, having had SLE for over 30 years. I started to get real bad muscle problems and tender to the touch areas a couple of years ago only though, and this was later diagnosed as fibro.

Unfortunately, a number of lupus patients also go on to develop fibro as a secondary condition. Of course many people develop fibro as a primary conditon too, so it is really worth looking into. It might not be this but could you make an appointment with your doctor and ask him to check out the normal tender spots associated with fibro? Only a doctor will be able to give you a definitive diagnosis.

Looking forward to hearing how you go on with this.

Take care

goldenwings

Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
(female)

cookingmom HB User

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the insight into this muscle pain. In my research on why I might be getting this muscle pain I have come across the possibility of fibro. many times. I did not mention it to the dr. the last time because I always worry about sounding like a hypochondriac. At my appt. last week she did increase my heart med. and added a diuretic because she said I have puffiness everywhere - which could be from almost a year on prednisone. But anyway, the muscle pain has not let up. I see the dr. again on the 6th so I am going to ask her what she thinks about this.

I really appreciate the help - I'll let you know what I find out.

Closed Thread