It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
(female)

jusbreatheOM HB User
Allysandra is here!!!

Sorry I haven't been on lately but I had a rough go of it with my pregnancy. Starting in December I started spotting with a cervical polyp, and my sonograms were good, but I kept failing the fetal stress test. I thought it might have been due to my HBP medicine. I had been on bedrest since then, with super-imposed pre ecclampsia. I was flaring really bad, and the prednisone step down was doing okay but I could still feel the flare increasing. I was swollen every where except my legs and my BP was stroke level so they put me in the hospital in latre January until Feb 7th, then I was care flighted to Ft. Worth , where they had a better neonatal unit, They induced me me for less than three hours then did a c-section. I delivered at 33 weeks, she was given betamethasone(steroid) before she was bron on Feb 2nd, so here lungs were small but working well. She weighed 3 lbsw 14 oz and was 16 inches long. She is now 4.7 lbs and 17 1/4 inches. Much of the last two months is a blur to me, but we are both home. I see my rheumy today, I had 3 megadoses of hydrocotisone, I think right after I delivered, It helped a lot. I could move and was coherent, I don't know if I would be without. I have a rash on my faces numbness here and there, and every scar i have ever had is hurting, and im itching severely but. my baby is thriving and I feel very blessed. Just very tired. Im sure I left out lots as usual, but I will always reply to any questions. Hope to post sooner!
Felicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Allysandra is here!!!

Congratulations!!!! What a lot you've had to deal with! Glad all is well now.

I had a preemie at 26/27 weeks and he's 21 years old now and in college! I had the Betamethazone, too and my son never needed the ventilator even though he was just 2lb 3 1/2oz at birth. He does have a mild form of cerebral palsy that was diagnosed when he was 18 months old, so if your child seems stiff, insist the doctors check for that. I had to gently push Robby's middle to sit him in the highchair and his legs were stiff, too.

Again, congrats! Enjoy your new baby, but take good care of yourself, too.

Blessings - Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraH; 03-09-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

darkwater HB User

Yipee! Congrats to you on the birth of your new baby! You have been quiet around here, but we knew you were getting along in your pregnancy and hoped that no news was good news. It is not the best news that you had to be induced because of preeclampsia and that your precious one had to be a preemie, but it could have gone a lot worse. So glad to hear that you and the baby are home that that she is gaining weight. You have been through a lot and it seems they are giving you so many steroids to get your flare under control. I guess that is the price of motherhood when you have lupus, but I hope you and she will thrive from here on out. Welcome to the world, little Allysandra!

Hey, was this your first c-section, or is this a repeat from your other pregnancies? It seems from what I read that lupus patients have lots of c-sections because they often have to be induced before term because of flaring or preeclampsia. I am thinking that chances are that I will have to give up on having a vaginal birth, but only if it comes to that.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Dear Felicia, What great news about Allysandra's arrival. Wishing all of you the very best---may you both thrive. Glad you checked in, plus good luck with your rheumie appt. Vee

Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #5

lushine40 HB User

hi i'm new to the board but wanted to say congratulations!! sounds like a whirlwind. glad to know u and baby are home.

lucy

Old 03-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Congratulations and blessings for you and Allysandra. What beautiful wonders babys are!

Glojer

Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
(female)

jusbreatheOM HB User
Re: Allysandra is here!!! THANK YOU ALL!

Thank You all for you warm thoughts and congrats. I was so worried through the end of it, I was just very limited in what I could do, and where I could go. She is so small to me, in reference to my other children , all vaginal births, all over 8 lbs. so this was sooooo very shocking. I did know because I had read on here about the many problems of pregnancy, but i had always flared after my kids were born. I could only conceive in months I didn't flare and they are the same months for all my kids. I went to my Rheumy yesterday, and she is keeping me on steroids through out the year because I am breastfeeding,I cannot take my plaquenil again, until I stop. I am going to try to go as long as I can, but steroids just don't help all my symptoms. price I pay though... I am still waiting for it all to sink in, but my BP is high, but kinda stable that is ....for me, and Im having muscle pain, but I am doing one step at a time, medication and mind over matter. Does anyone read MIND BODY SOUL magazine which a andrew weil publication. I have found it interesting. I wish they would do more articles in arthritis today mag a about lupus. I was so happy she was okay that is keeping me moving, but I am resting as much as I can and trying to avoid outside stress. Praying helps so much and warm thoughts go along way especially this group! I just feel so much better, every week you know you are not alone with this very quirky disorder. My hands shakin so much has finally proved beneficial, if I hold her more towards my left side its like a soothing vibration that puts her right out, LOL. I hope to be on more, adn keep in touch better.
God Bless you all
Felicia & Allyssandra

Last edited by jusbreatheOM; 03-10-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Closed Thread