It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

Surya HB User
I've actually found some Hope

I went to the Rhemotologist (Dr. Scott) last week. I gave him a list of my symtoms over the last 15 years. I also told him that I've been passed from one doctor to the next because my tests come back "fine". First thing out of his mouth was "This has been going on too long". He tested me for Lupus and I should have the results this week. He told me if the tests come back "fine" that he will give me a name of doctor he knows that helps diagnosis "hard cases". He said he knows that there is something going on and it needs "immediate attention". If it's not Lupus then I have hope that "hard case" guy can help me. I can't believe that there is a doctor out there who actually believes me and wants something done about it.

He was ticked about all the other doctors. (4 this time but a total of 20 over the last 10 years). I told him that I was the one who thought it was Lupus and that I wanted to be tested. He said I was right to insist and he said that I need to keep insisting and pushing to find a diagnosis because he felt that my life depends on it. I need treatment.

Thank God for this man. He was wonderful. He actually spent 30 minutes talking to me. Those other only spent 5 minutes. My PCP didn't even touch me. Just ordered a bunch of tests. I'm getting rid of him. Dr. Scott said at the very minimum he should have tested my muscle weakness, lymphnodes, and my rash. Thank God for Dr. Scott. He's my advocate!!

I do not worry about what will happen; only on what needs to be done!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: I've actually found some Hope

Dear Dawn, Yaaaaaaaay! I call that a "voila! appointment", when the fog finally starts to clear, a dr. believes you & takes immediate action, and also shares what may happen next. I'm really glad for you. I hope you keep us posted. Hang in there. Vee

Old 03-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
(female)

armslee HB User
Re: I've actually found some Hope

Oh that is such awesome news!!!!
I think maybe the heavens have opened up for both of us right now. I had a really good experience last week too and am hoping to have some results within the next week as well.

Closed Thread