It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

hummingbirdhope HB User
Smile VEEj RE LUPUS RASH

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE LUPUS RASH. tHE SUN DOES AFFECT IT, JUST RIDING IN A CAR MAKES IT HORRIBLE. I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA SO I HAVE ALOT OF THE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS ANYWAY. I HAVE A DEFINITE BUTTERFLY RASH ON MY FACE, ON THE NECK IT LOOKS LIKE BROKEN VEINS, BUT I ALSO BREAK OUT WITH RED WELPS ON MY UPPER CHEST AND BACK. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THESE SKIN PROBLEMS FOREVER BUT THE PAST 8 MONTHS I CAN NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT GETTING WORSE WHEN I GO OUTSIDE. I HOPE THE DERM I AM SEEING MONDAY CAN HELP ME, MY FAMILY DR GAVE ME METROGEL WHICH SEEMS TO BREAK ME OUT WITH ACNE. YOU KNOW WITH FIBRO YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP ALL THE TIME SO FEELING BAD BEFORE AN ONSET I JUST DO NOT KNOW, I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH THIS, KNOWING WHAT IS WRONG AND DEALING WITH IT WILL HELP SOME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT IT IS NICE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT MY RESULTS ARE MONDAY.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: VEEj RE LUPUS RASH

hummingbird, how large are these welt-like things? Do they itch? My SCLE rash looked like welts, a little smaller than a dime, for the first 4 years. Next 4 years: same welts, but would expand into circles the size of my palm & then lose the boundary and expand & fade outwards. Barely itched and didn't hurt. I found out much later that the welts were the "neophyte" form of the large-ish rings that appeared later.

I was told at first that I had fibromyalgia, too---but, interestingly, much of what I attributed to fibro (urinary & GI problems, tender spots, fatigue, etc.) improved a LOT with Plaquenil. (Hmmmm.....?)

I hope your dr. calls for ALL blood tests that are in the ballpark, instead of relying/waiting for a positive ANA before ordering anything else; and I hope he/she is knowledgeable about ALL the lupus rashes. Looking forward to seeing your next update, Vee GOOD LUCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 03:57 AM   #3
(female)

hummingbirdhope HB User

Well I went to derm yesterday and he did a biopsy for lupus, will find out results Monday. Veej my welts are red and raised they do not itch, some of them have gotten to be the size of a quarter, and they come and go basically in the same spots, but now I am even getting them in my scalp. I just have tem on my neck upper chest and upper back, i do get a couple on my upper arms. Thanks for your info. Maybe I will find out something soon, this has been going on for about 4 years now. Have a good day.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hummingbird, Next week you might ask for a copy of the lab report, for your personal files (just in case...) I'm glad you got this far & will watch for your next update. Thinking of you, Vee

Closed Thread