It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

confused725 HB User
What were your symptoms & how were u diagnosed?

Hi to all!

I'm sorry for all of you who are going thru this terrible time. I too am having autoimmune troubles and find myself baffled MOST of the time.

Would you mind telling me, what were your symptoms that led you to your dxs of Lupus?

And what tests were performed that made such a diagnosis.

Ty very much!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

nickkaylee HB User
Re: What were your symptoms & how were u diagnosed?

I had pain in my hands at first. Then it moved to myshoulders then elbows wrists, fingers, knees, hios ankles and feet. My doc sent me to a rheumatologist for testing. I'm not sure what bloodwork he did but came back with my diagnosis. I also had a rash (without the bumps) from a sunburn once and chest pain once. I now get tired easily too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
(female)

dwallech HB User

I was given an in depth blood work for ANA sed rate which is for Antinuclear Antibodies which by the numbers will tell them what your numbers mean. I have mixed connective tissue disease ( I got a copy of my bloodwork by requesting it at the lab and showing my drivers license) which is a mixture of lupus, schleroderma, etc. I wish you well and hope you get some answers as not knowing is the worse part for me.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. I had problems from early childhood on. In early teens, weird periods, elevated sed rate, fevers & shin pain. In 20's & 30's, migraines, IBS, urinary problems, joint pain. In 40's, recurrent photosensitive rashes on arms & back that first looked like welts, then over time would expand into circles & fade without scarring. Persistent anemia. Was Dx'ed with SCLE "subset" of lupus, based on skin biopsy, symptoms & bloodwork (positive for anti-Ro but negative ANA). Hope this helps. Best wishes, Vee

Closed Thread