It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

eden1713 HB User
heat surges in feet

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.I have osteo-arthritis and possibly lupus(had more blood tests,shows ana positive again and waiting to see my rheumatologist).For about the last 18-24 months I have been having heat surges in the soles of my feet.It starts where the toes and sole join(only way I can think to explain it!)and spreads out very quickly.It starts off very warm and my foot stays warm for a couple of minutes after the heat surge finishes(inside warmth,my foot doesn't get any hotter on the outside).As of yet I have never had a heat surge in both feet at the same time.They are a little uncomfortable but not painful in the slightest and happen in both feet,whether I am sitting or standing or I am warm or cold.I also get a lot of tingling/pins and needles,although the pins and needles aren't 'sharp',they can be uncomfortable.I have not mentioned this to my rheumatologist yet but I am thinking of mentioning it.Does anyone else have or had this?Is it worth mentioning,or will it go by itself?Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Thanks,Eden x

Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
(female)

eden1713 HB User
Re: heat surges in feet

Hi,
I know that no-one had any advice to give,but I thought that I would post an update just in case someone else has suffered this but doesn't have an answer for themselves!I spoke with my gp about this and she looked at me in genuine amazement! .She said that a couple of months ago another patient of hers described exactly the same symptoms(never heard of it before then!).She also said that it is probably to do with my oa and not to worry about it.Ok I understand that I don't actually have a name for this heat surge but she didn't seem to think that my leg was going to drop off anytime soon!lol!So all in all a positive I think.
Bye for now,Eden x.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User

I have this...they call it burning feet. I also get it on my abdomen and thighs. I have not gotten a firm diagnosis of anything but optic neuritis. Many possible diagnosis but nothing firm yet. My neuro said that they believe I have periphrial (sp?) neuropathy. That is where my burning and tingling comes from. I also get the stocking and glove numbness. I know how crazy it feels. My doctor prescribed neurontin for my neurological problems. It does help.

Erin

Old 04-30-2006, 03:59 AM   #4
(female)

eden1713 HB User

Hi Erin,
Nice to know that I may finally have a name for it and that I am not alone! .How often does this burning feet occur for you?Mine happens every day at the moment.I actually have one happening now!lol!Although this one is a slow and ligering type,while other times the 'heat surge' happens quickly and just leaves tingling.I have a rheumie appt this week,do you think that it is worth mentioning?Please ignore me if this sounds like a daft question,but I also have (only a few times recently)a very fast muscle twitching/flickering feeling on the right side of my head,about an inch above my right ear and just behind my ear.This is annoying as it can feel like something is crawling on my scalp .Do you ever have that feeling?It doesn't occur very often unlike the feet/hands.Thanks for the info and advice.
Take care and speak soon,Eden x.

Closed Thread