It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

nickkaylee HB User
Lupus Flare?

Okay I need some help and opinions. You might remember me posting last week that I was all of a sudden having a flare-up. My fingers were VERY swollen and I was having aches in quite a few places. I went to my regular doctor because my rheumy's office couldn't get me in until late June and was put on Daypro to try to hold me over until June. Well anyway here's my problem. I work the over night shift and Sunday night in the middle of the night all of a sudden my whole back hurt. It was more of an ache than anything else. I felt pretty crappy. I took some Ibuprofen and Tylenol and it went away for the most part. Well about 2-3 hours later it came back in full force and was also in my legs, arms, shoulders, and my neck. I felt HORRIBLE. My first thought was maybe I was coming down with the flu but didn't feel sick to my stomach and I wasn't chilled or anything...no fever. WELL, I went to bed that moring and woke up freezing cold and throwing up. I took some more Tylenol and Ibuprofen and went back to bed and woke up feeling pretty much fine. I went to work last night and was okay for most of the night except my back ached a little at one point and I just took some more medicine and it went away. I did notice though that I had a bit of a rash on my face. It wasn't raised at all, just red. I looked up lupus rashes and found a picture that looks just like what I had and still have on my face. Then this morning after sleeping a few hours I woke up again with really bad chills but this time no vomiting. I just took some more meds and my fever broke and now feel fine again. Do you think this is all part of my lupus flare that started last week? I've never had a rash before with my lupus but now I'm thinking maybe things are changing for me. The picture was of some sort of SCLE rash.I haven't even had a real FLARE in years. Sorry this is so long lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

nickkaylee HB User
Re: Lupus Flare?

Nobody has any opinions or can offer any advice?

Old 05-05-2006, 02:58 AM   #3

LMHART HB User

Hi there,
Hopefully you just had the flu. Or your system is out of whack from your flu? Chicken or the egg?!?
A dermatologist would have to diagnose your rash. I just went last week for a check up and asked him to do a biopsy of my malar rash just to be sure. He just laughed at me and said that he was 100% sure. They can tell right away. Mine is bad though.
Have you been in the sun? What state are you from? Mine definitely gets worse in the sun or fluorescent lighting. I also get flu-like symptoms with my flares. I usually have a temp of 101 - normal for me. This has been a late flu season, too. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. You know that rest and fluids are essential during your flare. Why does it take so long to get in to see the rheumy?
Feel better,
Leslie

Old 05-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #4
(female)

nickkaylee HB User

Thanks for your reply. I have been in the sun a little bit, but like I've said in other posts I've NEVER had a rash from it before. My nausea and fever are gone but I still have the pain in my hands and yesterday it was quite painful in my hands and wrists. The rash appears to be going away too but it's still there a bit. I even had someone at work ask me about it it was so obvious! I live in Maine by the way.

Closed Thread