It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

babydreams123 HB User
not sure what's wrong maybe someone can help

Hi Im new here but wanted to ask some questions. heres my situation;

I have been having urine test done for a few years now cause every time I need to get seen at the Dr,s he always runs a urine sample. so he called me the other day and said he needs to send me to a urineoligist or something like that cause pretty much every time they do a urine culture it comes back with blood in the urine not to the naked eye though. now these are the other symptoms I have,

for years now Ive had this face thing I dont know if its a rash or what it is, but my both cheeks go really red and cover the whole cheeks not just a small portion and some times even the nose a bit. when I have say a beer even just 1 it tends to get even redder, or if I go out in the sun it goes beet red now my 15 month old has the same thing but hers is worse. I also have some arthritis, and have a problem with bruising very easily, recently I noticed the tops of my hands like where the veins are tend to hurt and bruise. my back and arms ache all the time. and Ive even noticed recently Ive been having to pee alot but theres no infection. as far as my periods go they only last about 1-2 days now where as they use to last 4-5 days. and they are not heavy maybe the 1st day but then thats it like this last one it was heavy the 1st day only went through 3 pads all day and night though, and the 2nd day it was pretty much gone but yet I always have the mild cramps you get with your period but I have this feeling all the time. so Im trying to figure out what all this could be from. especially the blood in the urine for so long oh and I forgot to mention my blood work came back showing my iron to be low again its been low for awhile now.

Last edited by babydreams123; 03-28-2007 at 06:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: not sure whats wrong maybe someone can help

Hi, not sure I can be much help but we do have some things in common, I also get that red rash on my face if I have any alcohol (used to anyway, I don't drink anymore) And I tend to pee quite a bit, don't know about blood in the urine yet but will find out soon because I just gave a sample to be tested. I do wonder what that rash is though. I thought maybe I developed an allergy to alcohol because I also started to notice that my heart would beat faster and I just wouldn't feel well,and this is only with one beer, I wouldn't even have to finish it. Never asked the doctor either because now I take meds that wouldn't mix well anyway so I don't drink. I would love to hear what your doc says about it if you ask. Have you been diagnosed with Lupus?
Kara

Last edited by kdel; 03-28-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: forgot to ask

Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

babydreams123 HB User

Hi no I havent been tested for anything but I read some where that blood in the urine could be a sign as well as the red face my face is always red but gets worse if i drink. do you have lupus? what were your symptoms if so im trying to figure out this on my own then ask for certain test cause my dr. is an idiot he dosent care at all

Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

I am in the process of getting tested right now though it does seem like diagnosis will be Lupus. Some of my symptoms are;
joint pain+swelling
FATIGUE,not just a little tired but like I have to lay down right now or I may just falldown.
rashes-especially in the sun
muscle pain
stiffness
migraines
achy all over(flulike)
low fevers for no obvious reason
It has taken a long time and alot of docs and tests to get to this point(few years) because I don't think there is one specific test but many things need to add up. Their are more people on here with alot more info though so keep asking.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
(female)

justtired123 HB User
Smile Re: not sure whats wrong maybe someone can help

this is my first time in a message board so I hope I can figure out what I am doing.

In reading your information you have many of the same symptoms that I began dealing with over 10 years ago. It took the doctors 5 of those 10 to diagnose me with Lupus.

I have major joint pain and swelling and some skin issues during this time. However, since August I have been dealing with a really bad flare up that is going after my skin.

I would encourage you to work with your doctor in the direction to if nothing else eliminate Lupus. The last two test that finally confirme the Lupus was a x-ray with nuclear medicine and a skin biopsy. Don't give up and don't let them tell you the pain is from your head. You have too many symptoms for them to ignore it. I wish you the best of luck, it is a long process
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdel;2***181
I am in the process of getting tested right now though it does seem like diagnosis will be Lupus. Some of my symptoms are;
joint pain+swelling
FATIGUE,not just a little tired but like I have to lay down right now or I may just falldown.
rashes-especially in the sun
muscle pain
stiffness
migraines
achy all over(flulike)
low fevers for no obvious reason
It has taken a long time and alot of docs and tests to get to this point(few years) because I don't think there is one specific test but many things need to add up. Their are more people on here with alot more info though so keep asking.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hi, I have been tested for lyme more than once and it's neg. however I do have some positive ana and high protien in blood along with other wierd blood stuff so they can't ignore me now. Maybe getting closer to a diagnosis and I thought that would make me feel better but I'm not sure it is! Now I'm scared. I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia years ago so until the blood started to show some stuff the doc just thought another fibro symptom. I on the other hand was not convinced and then the rashes started so then so did the bloodwork but, first rash I went to the doc for was diagnosed as shingles until it kept coming back. Now I'm waiting for another outbreak so I can maybe get a biopsy done.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: not sure what's wrong maybe someone can help

Dear babydreams, Hi & welcome. Have you seen the "sticky posts" ( = permanent posts) at the top of the thread list? There are 3. One has the diagnostic criteria for systemic lupus. FYI, to be Dx'ed with SLE, you need to meet 4 of the 11, but not necessarily all at once.

The "sticky" about test results has a resource in it. Go there, then into rheumatology, then into lupus, then look for info on test results. Those are the tests that hopefully you can get your dr. to run---or, better yet, refer you straight off to a rheumatologist.

I hope you post again soon. Sincerely, Vee

Closed Thread