It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

freighttrain HB User
Question red spots after sun exposure??

Can anyone give me more info on this?

I get tiny little red/purple spots under the skin all over my legs after prolonged sun exposure. They usually go away after a few days, and don't hurt. I've never talked to anyone that shared this reaction, so when I found a post (after googling) describing my symptom, it caught my eye.

Here was the old post and the response:

Question: Does anyone have a lot of red dots - they are like little broken capillaries - on their trunks or arms or legs? Is this a symptom of lupus? The rhuematologist I just saw simply ignored my questions about this. Thanks.

RESPONSE:
Yes, I get them on my legs if I've been in the sun, which I know I shouldn't do. 4th of July, I got sunburned for the first time since I was diagnosed a little over a year ago, my legs were really burned...and i got those red spots on my lower legs (got them once before before the diagnoses). It took about 3-4 days and they were gone. But that is basically the only time i get them is from the sun. Looked like someone took a red ink pen and dotted them all over my legs (especially the shin area). Good luck

Hopefully this can be a symptom of something other than Lupus, because I've never been tested or diagnosed with it. (nevermind that i have other symptoms matching lupus...) This reaction seems to be fairly unique, and I'm wondering what other people know about it.

Does anyone else get this or know anything about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
(female)

Jesse88 HB User
Re: red spots after sun exposure??

Yes, I get single red dots on my legs. I used to think they were spider bites until I went to Trinidad, where the sun is very strong, and I got them all over my legs to a much greater degree. Mine itch, then flatten out and it takes about a week for them to go away. I was just diagnosed with undiferentiated connective tissue disease which is related to lupus, RA, etc. and will be starting methotrexate, folic acid and Plaquenil tomorrow, if I can get over my fear of the metho. It's a really toxic drug. I'd really appreciate getting feedback from anyone with this drug experience. Thank you.

Closed Thread