Hi, Megan. I'm just a patient, but in my humble opinion your doctor SHOULD have followed up on the positive anti-Ro test result.
As the others wrote, anti-Ro is associated with Sjogren's Syndrome and also with lupus. FYI, there's an excellent hardcover called "The Lupus Book", available in most libraries & bookstores. It's by Dr. Daniel Wallace. In his chapter "Is It Really Lupus?", Dr. Wallace lists autoantibodies that simply SHOULD NOT EXIST, as they are suggestive of an underlying disorder. Anti-Ro is one of those listed. Simply put, your findings warrant follow-up.
I had a raft of varied problems over many years. Pneumonia & encephalitis. Widespread blistery rash at age 8. Joint/shin pain, fever, fatigue and elevated sed rate starting at age 13. Chronic GI misery starting in my early 20's. Then migraines, weight loss, sciatica, and hair loss. Urinary frequency & urgency. Urinary stones, once a total blockage. Anemia. ETC. The very LAST thing that appeared was a recurring arm/torso rash that I had for EIGHT+ years before getting proper answers. (I looked very bizarre.)
I finally fled my suburban drs. for a teaching hospital rheumie. Had I realized sooner that lupus was a possibility---that there are "subsets" that can look a lot like SLE but have DIFFERENT rashes & antibodies I'd never heard of before---well, I'd have gone to a teaching hospital much sooner, in the proverbial New York Minute.
Once there, I got answers very quickly, subject to new tests, of course. I have a "subset" of systemic lupus (SLE) called SCLE, which stands for "subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus". Many with it fulfill 4 or more of the "4 of 11" ACR criteria used to Dx classic SLE; but the criteria fulfilled by SCLE patients tend to be the "lesser" ones. To illustrate that: kidney & CNS complications are thought to be less likely in SCLE than in classic SLE.
Do you have skin rashes? Two SCLE-specific rashes are associated with anti-Ro. One is annular (ringlike), and the other is psoriasiform (looks like psoriasis but isn't). I had the annular form. The last dermie I saw is a dermatopathologist, who is both a dermatologist and a pathologist & thus does his own labwork. He did some very particular immunofluorescent stain tests on my deep skin punch, that light up in a totally unique way if it's a lupus rash---and mine glowed.
Thus, the rheumie & he concurred: I have the SCLE "subset" of lupus.
I was told that about 70% of people with the SCLE form of lupus will test ANA-positive, the other 30% may not ever. Anti-Ro may "mask" the ANA findings in some people, I was told.
The good news: I've been on Plaquenil for some years, and I've had the best run of health in my entire life, from age 3 onwards. Sun avoidance is (alas) a big "must" for me.
I didn't have the dry eyes & dry mouth strongly associated with Sjogren's. So for me, positive anti-Ro, plus the presence of symptoms that are lupus-like, spelled out a Dx of SCLE without Sjogren's. Some people do have both lupus and Sjogren's, it should be said.
In his hardcover, Dr. Wallace also discusses Sjogren's at some length. And you could also use the search box at the above left to find out more about SCLE and Sjogren's.
Anyway, I really hope you keep posting. Let me know if the above strikes any chords with you, OK? Meanwhile, I'm sending my best wishes to you. Bye for now. And---HANG IN THERE! Sincerely, Vee