It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Blessed4Life HB User
Saw My Rheumy Today...

I went to see my rheumy today. He didn't give me a definite diagnosis but he said that I definitely have an autoimmune disease (another one --already of Graves Disease). He then asked me about sores in my mouth and family history of Lupus. I told him (again) that my mother's sister had Lupus. He told me that I have the gene and many of the symptoms. He didn't say I had the disease but as we were leaving his office he told me to come back in two months and that he had plenty of drugs to treat Lupus. I'm not sure how to take this. Was this his way of preparing me for the news or what. He is a very friendly man and I have been seeing him off and on for almost four years. He was the doctor who sent me to the neuro. I'm wondering now if that was to rule out MS since there can be neurological (nervous system) involvement in Lupus. It is so strange that although I am sure I won't take it a well if he definitely gives me the diagnosis but to hear that he is even close to telling me what is going on I am relieved. This has been a long process of my body doing well and then awful and then well and now just plain awful. I went from the occasion spasm and twitch and general achiness to daily spasm, twitching, and hating my legs, ankles and feet. Today, as I tip around, I kept telling my legs to "pull it together already!"

I am scheduled to see the podiatrist again on Friday. That is when I get the orthotics and hopefully some foot relief. I'll let you all know how that goes!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread