It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Post on last question...anyone have this

I have had joint swelling for a while now but up till now pretty mild. By that I mean my knees would swell and especially on the sides and behind the knee. But the new thing is the muscles or tissue around them. I had been taking lasiks and it isnt helping this. It started as a knot the size of half of a tennis ball on the left side of my left knee where the thigh muscle meets the knee joint. Thie has been there for a few months, I showed it to my dr and he said it was probably the fluid from my knee going into my muscle tissue. It has gotten larger and extended around to the back of my leg as well, I also have another large knot below each knee again. I can actually palm the hard lumps. I dont know if it is muscle inflamation or what. I am suppose to schedule a muscle biopsy now. He saw it today in all of its glory and is concerned about polymyelits (sp) and said it is within the realm of possiblity since lupus patients are prone to it as an overlap. Anyone else have polymyelitis and is this how it works. All I know is that it burns so bad and is so weak. I have actually had to use a walker to get around this week and my arms have the muscle hardening, thickening and weekness too. It is just anothe mystery...As always it is helpful to hear from someong with similar experiences and to have it compared it terms we can actually understand. I fell another overlap comming my way!

If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.

Erin
Dallas TX -dodging tropical storm Erin and preparing for Hurricane Dean, but at least it isnt 106 degrees anymore.

Last edited by ErinS64; 08-17-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: on last question...anyone have this

Erin, Hi. Here's a knee problem I'd never heard of before. My next-door neighbor just learned that the large hard knot to one side of her kneecap is a calcium deposit. I think her dr. Dx'ed by a simple x-ray, but I'll verify when I see her next.

My mother used to get water on the knee; that looked quite different. Lasix did help that problem.

You really didn't need this, huh?! Sending best wishes, Vee

Closed Thread