It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

c57s53 HB User
Active Lupus Flare

I would be very interested in hearing from you guys how long an average Lupus flare lasts with you.

Thanks,
Connie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Re: Active Lupus Flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by c57s53 View Post
I would be very interested in hearing from you guys how long an average Lupus flare lasts with you.

Thanks,
Connie
Connie, each flare is different for each person and even for each flare. You may have one flare that lasts days and one months. I havent been able to go into remission yet but I do have peaks where the flare is much worse. For me it is a matter of WHAT is flaring. For me the CNS problems are much more tolerable than the joint problems simply for the fact that the CNS problems are less painful. When I first became really active it was numbness and paralysis that was my major problem. I dont mind that as much now since the opposite is pain.

Erin
Dallas TX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

jenningscookie HB User

Hi Connie,
My flares are more frequent now, the longest flare was alittle over 2 months. I was hospitalized because the Lupus was attacking the inner wall of my heart. I know that stress plays a big part in causing flares, so it really depends on each person's Lupus, their stress, and their health.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
(female)

jenningscookie HB User

[Hi Connie,
My flares are more frequent now, the longest flare was alittle over 2 months. I was hospitalized because the Lupus was attacking the inner wall of my heart. I know that stress plays a big part in causing flares, so it really depends on each person's Lupus, their stress, and their health.
Good Luck and May God Bless You

Old 08-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: Active Lupus Flare

Hiya Connie,

No 2 people with lupus of any type will have the same symptoms, nor will a lupus patient feel the same way on every day or every week. It depends on what part of your body is affected, what type of lupus you have plus the general state of your health at the time. If for instance, you have a really bad cold or flu, then if you are having a flare it will last longer and make you feel very unwell.

Frequent flares though should be discussed with your doctor, as the treatment regime may need looking into and then changing. Looking after yourself as has been said, i.e. trying to relieve stress and not putting yoursel into any situations that cause this to the best of your ability. Other things are keeping out of the sun, pacing yourself when feeling unwell. When you are well, you still need to pace yourself and not overdo things just because you are feeling better that day. Eating good food, no special diet but healthy eating - this type of caring for yourself will help reduce the severity also.

Hope this is of help to you. Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-19-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Closed Thread