It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

ksandra97 HB User
Severe hip pain????

I am not sure what I should do. I stated in my first post that I have not been diagnosed yet. My concern right now though is that I am having severe nightime (mostly) hip pain. It hurts from my buttocks all the way thru to my groin. It is to the point that I have not had a good night sleep in about 4 days. Should I call my GP about it, and if so what should I say? I am at a loss anymore. I am afraid that she will just add it to my list of symptoms and call me a hypocondriac. WHat is the right thing to do? Can anyone help?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

ksandra97 HB User
Re: Severe hip pain????

I have made the decision to go to my GP about my hip and other joint pain. I just had a question to ask all of those more experienced than me...Am I going crazy or does anyone elses joint pain move around from joint to joint?

The following user gives a hug of support to ksandra97:
ctuckerktina (04-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Ksandra, My pain DOES move around. I can have a couple days of screaming shoulders, followed by a few days of bad elbows, etc. I'm not sure that there IS a "norm" for joint pain. Good luck with your appt. Vee (P.S. I hope your dr. considers all potential causes for your pain, including ovarian cysts, tubal pregnancy, etc.---i.e., not just hip joints.)

Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
(female)

ksandra97 HB User

Thanks for your post VeeJ. My doctor did not "exactly" blow my pain off, but she did not connect it to anything else right away. She wants me to take 800mg Ibuprofen three times a day for 10 days and take Ultram at night and see if the pain gets better. She said that she wants to see me back in a month if it is not better. At that point she will schedual an MRI. If I am better she wants to see me back in October for a checkup. I guess I will just have to see what happens.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi Ksandra, make sure your doc has your lumbar spine examined as well. There are different issues in the spine that can cause pain to radiate into the buttocks, groin, and hips ...it can even radiate down the entire legs and into the feet. You might have one or more disc herniations, or some sort of spinal arthritis, or even stenosis is a possibility. Of course there are other possibilities as well, just make sure it's checked into. I have nerve pain right now that radiates into both my hips and groin area from (probably) more disc hernations. I've been diagnosed with lupus, but I also have seperate conditions in my spine which cause all sorts of pain & symptoms as well.

Closed Thread