It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

catherine352 HB User
PLEASE READ ! Does anyone know what this symptom is?

Hi everyone,

I have a symptom that began in May of this year and its been pretty continuous
and of course my Dr. has no clue. Every morning I wake up with a feeling of "heainess" or bloating all over my body. When I stand up I feel this tingling sensation from head to toe and big time lower back pain. I get up and go to the bathroom and one time I lifted up my legs to look at them and I saw them literally deflate right before my eyes. When I stand up I actually feel or have a sensation of fluid from my head and sinuses rushing downward. My toes are blue and cold. Sometimes I'll wake with this with pain sometime just the tingling. I also see spots in front of my eyes as this is happening. I feel like someone pumped my body full of water and when I stand up its like its "draining" downward. Sometimes its so bad with swollen joints.sometimes the pain is mild.n. But it happens only in the morning after lying down all night long.
My dr. says edema is common from being on your feet for a long time, not usually lying down. I was diagnosed this weekend with a sinus infection, They gave me Flonase, I did get sinus relief but I still have this weird thing happening, my doctor says he never heard of such a thing. Is this related to APS? He doesn't know. But I really don't have to mush faith in him anyways. Please post if any of you have experience with this type of strange symptom.

Last edited by catherine352; 08-20-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: title revision

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Re: PLEASE READ ! Does anyone know what this symptom is?

Sorry, I have no clue. I have edema but when I get up in the morning is the only time my legs actually look normal. My swelling starts after I have been up on my feet for about an hour. The only thing swollen when I get up is my face and eyelids. Which are always swollen.

Wish I could be of more help.

Erin
Dallas TX

Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I've never had that happen either, so sorry I cant be of much help with it. But I also get swollen eyelids alot, which is bad when I get up in the morning. My eyes only do this when I seem to be in a flare. I do get visible swelling in my ankle joints when Im in a flare, and I have literally felt it swelling. And even seemed like I felt the swelling go away when I took prednisone. But never had such all over swelling before. If your current doc has no clue, then you probably should start looking to get another or more opinions..

Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. Sorry, I've never had anything similar. Have you tried the search box, to look up underlying reasons for edema? I just tried that & found a few, e.g., hypothyroidism, vascular & lung & kidney problems, etc. Plus certain meds & OTC's. There are probably quite a few more than that... Anyway, good luck. I hope you can get this squared away PDQ. Sincerely, Vee

Closed Thread