It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Good news for a change

I share so much bad news I wanted to share a good thing too. I figure you guys would get why this is such a huge deal for me.

Today was the first day in 3 months that I have not had to take a vicodin for pain. I took ultram and it actually kept it under control. It wasnt a pain free day but compared to the pain I have had the last 3 months, it was pretty awesome!!! For the last 3 months it has been so rough and nothing would help. I wouldnt take more than 3 vicodin a day and that was only on extreme days and it really wouldnt help much anyway, just take the edge off of it.

I was almost afraid to say anything, scared that I would jinx myself but I dont care!!! It was just too dang cool. It may return tomorrow but I really needed a day like this, if for nothing else than to regain my strength a bit. I even went to the grocery store.

Erin
Dallas TX

Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
(female)

ksandra97 HB User
Re: Good news for a change

Thank God for good days!!! I am very glad that you had one. I hope that it becomes the rule not the eception.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
(female)

roses4evver HB User

I am also one to praise God for the good days! Even if they maybe few and far between...WE ALL need them. So glad you had one and pray you have more!

*~* "Cherish every moment you share with your love, drink life every second you can, love like there will be no tomorrow!" *~*

Old 08-22-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
(female)

realisticchic HB User

I second Kassandra and Roses! I'm so happy for you Sometimes the simplest things, like being able to go to the grocery store mean so much! My step dad has really bad back pain, about 1 1/2 yr. ago he suffered 2 burst fractures of his vertebrae and two other less complex vertebral fractures, and ultram is the only thing that helps him. He was able to go through physical therapy and now can walk short distances because of the pain relief this drug has given him. I hope your results with it are just as dramatic

Closed Thread