It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
(female)

StarDancer101 HB User
Unhappy Many symptoms, more questions

Please help, I;m in a lot of pain.
I have an array of symptoms, all at different times, some are persistent.
I wanted input on whether I should look into getting tested for Lupus.

-body aches
-recently diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome
-foot and calf pain
-hand and wrist pain
-painful and still joints on movement
-muscle aches
-fever and chills
-fatigue/exhaustion/weakness
-rash on hands and some on feet
-sores at the corners of the mouth
-sores inside my nose
-weight loss
-(anxiety/depression)
-localized nerve irritation- side of my left leg looses sensation
-sharp pains on the left side of my left knee, also in right side of left foot
-sharp pains in stomach
-nausea

lots of doctors, ER visit, nothing so far

Last edited by StarDancer101; 08-30-2007 at 05:46 AM.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User
Re: Many symptoms, more questions

stardancer101, your rashes don't sound like Lupus, but many of your other symptoms do. I would suggest not only being tested for Lupus, but also look into Lyme disease, your rashes sound more like Lyme. But Both diseases need to be ruled out, go on the Lyme board and look at the symptoms and ask ?'s. A doctor that specializes in Lyme will not only test you with accurate Lyme tests, but also for all autoimmune diseases. Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

StarDancer101 HB User

Yah, that came up as one of the possibilities in my research, but I haven't had a tick bite or haven't lived in an area that has a problem with Lyme disease for a while. Could it take a long time to develop? Could I not have noticed a bite? Or is there another way I could have contracted it? Can it be spread from person to parson?

Old 09-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

Over 50% of people with Lyme don't remember having a rash or a bite. A tick can be as small as the period at the end of a sentence. so small that you couldn't even tell it was a bug, you could mistaken it for a small splinter. and alot of times the rash doesn't fit the classic "bull's eye" rash that some people experience, it can just look like a spider bite or an ant bite, some people have even had bruising at the site and didn't think about it being a tick bite. It can also stay dormant in your sysytem for years until a stressful event triggers it. Some people remember having flu-like symptoms that they just never felt "completely" normal after, and many times this is misdiagnosed as Mono or EB. Lyme disease has been identified in 49 states and most of Canada, and Vancouver BC has the highest incidence of all of Canada, so if you've spent some time up there or up in the Olympics or Cascades hiking or siteseeing. Most people think that you have to be doing something like hunting or camping, but just a leasurley stroll through a park and you can pick up ticks, walking through your backyard, or your pets can bring them in the house. if you have a fire place and you bring wood in, they love to hide in wood, and wood picnic tables. Scary huh!! It changes how we look at everything. I don't really know off hand anyone from Oregon that has Lyme, but I do know alot of people from WA ST. that have it. Please look into it. I don't know how close you are to WA. ST but I do know a doctor that specializes in Lyme in the Tri-cities. And there used to be one in Longview, but don't know if he is still treating Lyme or not. If you have alot of ?'s about Lyme go on the Lyme board and ask, there is so much info on there and so many people that can help you learn about it. Sarah

Old 09-03-2007, 01:37 AM   #5
(female)

StarDancer101 HB User

Thank you! I will bring both up to my doctor this Tuesday and see what tests I should have done to figure out what is going on. I sincerely appreciate your input.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

StarDancer, Hi. I agree with Sarah, that it makes sense to be tested for everything that could be causing your problems. One of the worst things doctors can do is make up their minds too fast. In my case, it was Lyme that was misdiagnosed: I was treated for it but clearly never had it. FYI, people with lupus can have a period of flu-like symptoms as the disease turns a corner and worsens.

Anyway, I hope you have a good appt. on Tuesday. Hang in there! Sincerely, Vee

Closed Thread