It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

lgr014 HB User
Can't walk for long - tired of this!

Hi everyone....I am experiencing horrible pain in my left leg (and have been off & on for several years now). The pain is in my left hip - which has swelling in the area at times - left knee, shin area & left ankle. If I am on my feet walking (such as grocery shopping) for 45 min to 1 hour, the pain is so bad I can hardly walk and can't wait to get off my feet. It eases a bit when I sit or lie down but depending on the position I'm in, my left leg has this deep, dull pain. I have to take Darvocet at night on the weekends (can't take during the week because of getting up early) just to have an uninterrupted night of sleep.

I also have pain in my left shoulder / neck area and have previously had numbness in my left hand & leg at times. Have had mri's, brain scans, x-rays and nothing really shows up - one mri result reads something about "perivascular space...." but dr said everything was normal.

Anyone have anything similar to this or any suggestions? I'm 40 years old and have been diagnosed with a ruptured disc if that contributes to any of this!

Thanks.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Re: Can't walk for long - tired of this!

I can relate to the joint pain and difficulty walking but the odd thing is that it is all left sided. I have problems on both sides. It might be my left for a while and then my right because it definatly migrates from one joint to the other but both sides are effected. They just take turns swelling up on me. Wish I could be of more help. The disc might be part of the problem though. My mother has several ruptured disc's and has a hard time too.

Erin
Dallas TX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread