It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
(female)

dannigirl88 HB User
Angry stress is the killer

Hey everyone
I havent posted in a while and wanted everyone to know that im doing amazing! i have this rash on my face all the time now it is kinda my indicator for when im going to get sick and im so healthy right now you cant even see it!

But anyhoos the real reason im posting is because no matter how healthy i feel right now im stressing out because i think im about to loss my insurance my dad has me on his and i think he is about to loss his job!i am tring to get medicare but it takes so long and i dont want to have a Pre-existing condition. my brother was stuck with that and it messed him up.

I feel so stuck right now because i cant work and social security isnt trying to help me out because i live with my mom. what am i supposed to do they make things so hard! im only 18 what do they expect me to be out on my own with lupus? im just a little frustrated with the system any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

i hope everyone is doing well!!
Danielle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
(female)

indra23 HB User
Re: stress is the killer

i have just gone on disability and won't have medicare until next sept.and before that had no insurance because my job did not offer it and i made to much for state help,but not enough for private insurance,plus they wouldn't have me because of all the pre-existing conditions anyway.i have had to go off the methotrexate because i cannot afford the blood tests. i have been seeing my rheumie for 20yrs. and he now sees me for free,creator bless him.anyway-my 48yr. brother just got unlimited medical care thru the public health dept. for 3 months. he does have 3 children to support,and a wife, he owns his own business, but it is small,and he cannot afford health insrance. this is so sad in a country as rich as this. so even though my children are grown i am going to give the public health dept. a try.my husband does not have health insurance either,so i can't get on his.plus his company is going under and he has just started a new job this week and there insurance is so bad it would be like throwing money out the window.i swear if you are chronically ill in this country the burocreacy hopes you just drop dead. it is very frustrating. give your public health dept. a try, if not free they might do things on a sliding scale, also look into the free clinics,and the salvation army i know will help with some kinds od prescriptions.hope this helps. love always indra23

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

watoozie HB User

Lupus isn't a death sentence. Thank goodness!! I work really hard on the farm - we have 7 horses and 9 ponies. My friends daughter was diagnosed with Lupus when she was around 19 or 20. She put herself through college and has been a practicing lawyer, she is now 43 has a 7 yr old daughter and of course she has her days, but manages to get through it. I know it is hard sometimes to get out of bed in the morning, but it helps to have something in your life to look forward to and keep your mind off yourself. I am 65 and even when I think I'm hurting too bad or just too tired, those horses look to me for love and care. I am not going to lay down and quit - I just HAVE to keep moving. Hope you find a place in your life to keep your mind busy and a goal to aim for.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

dannigirl88 HB User

well i know that lupus is not a death sentence anymore. but living with it sure is hard!i just wish there was sum way for me to get my own insurance so i wouldnt have to worry about the state or depend on my father. that would take a lot of stress off of me.

(My rhuemi gets upset when i stress because i dont know how to deal with it and end up in the hospital)i have to go to a therapist to learn how to deal with stress. Thats how bad it is

but anyhoos i love horses! you are lucky they are very calming. i had two at my dads and getting to wake up and take care of them everyday was amazing! to bad i live in the city now and my dad gave my horses away. dealing with the horses always controlled my stress levels

Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
(female)

watoozie HB User

You are right about the stress - it is hard sometimes. I guess the horses help me handle mine. They are so addicting, I want to spend all my time with them. Just brushing them is very calming - and they smell good too!! Sorry you don't have yours anymore!! Hope you find a way to get your insurance and get to feeling better. Good Luck!!

Closed Thread