It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

zoe111 HB User
infection and autoimmunity

dear all,

you most likely know me. i have speant the last four weeks in hospital. i dropped over half my body weight becamr deficient in evry single vitimain d b,folate iron etc. and was diagnosed with tuberculosis.

i am at home i geuss that must be whats wrong as i have put on antibiotics and gained the weight rapidly in two weeks or so.

is the a link between tb and autoimmunity. it seems i still have a lot of symptons going on like allergy, hormones, it was looking like i had a bowel disorde say ibd however was not improving well on meds. anyone any theories still feel something else is wrong. but grateful to be alive quite frankly.

they don't know where the tb is the skin tet was ighly positive. i had some gastritis or inflammtion in my large bowel.also curve at bottom of spine. they are trying to grow it from my bone marrow but that takes weeks and is not always successful

zorm i thought id let you guys know

Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
(female)

gclaec HB Usergclaec HB User
Re: infection and autoimmunity

Hi ,

Have they checked you for Celiac disease it is also autoimune disorder and Dr's very rarely check for it. It also causes vitamin deficiencies because the body is not able to absorb. I was diagnosed with Lupus then Celiac, and I was told actually that the Celiac is what caused the Lupus. Celiac Disease is Genetic, and 1 out of 133 people in the US have it 97% of those people dont know they have it and Dr's do not test for it. Before I was diagnosed I was always anemic and deficient, I was having transfusions and treatments. There is no cure but following a strict Gluten free diet is absolutly nessisary. It is also a very difficult diagnoses, a blood test will show markers sometimes, then a biopsy is needed through endoscopy (and the Dr has to be looking for it to find it). Please check with your Dr and ask about Celiac screening, it truely changed my life. For years I was told IBS, colitis, and even in my head.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread