It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

hopec104 HB User
Question need your help

Hi. I am writing concerning my husband. He is 36. He has bee to the ER twice, his primary, and the pain clinic that he goes to regularly (for a near amptutation of his right foot). The pain clinic is now refering him to a rheumatologist. Here is what he has been expericiencing over the last month and a half. Rash that is very itchy and gets worse in the heat. It moves around all over his body. He has even had it on the bottom of his feet and on his hands. Chest pains and trouble breathing. Very tired and achy all over. Slight fever around 100 once in a while. He has been put on prendnisone and it cleared everything up pretty mush. Now he is back off it and everything is back just not as bad this time.

I know you can't diagnose over the internet but I was just wondering if this at all sounds like lupus or what it does sound like. Our main problem is that he has no health insurance (wih the exception of his foot injury which is covered by workers comp) so we really don't want to go to the rheumatologist and pay $200 for nothing.

Thank you very much, Hope

Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User
Re: need your help

the rash you are describing is really nothing like mine. My rash does not itch. it may burn a bit sometimes, but it never itches. I get a rash on my hands that itches and was told it was probably dermatitis but I have never really had it seen by a dermi. Any type of rash would be helped with steriod though, not just lupus rashes. There are sticky posts at the top of the page that list the symptoms. Fever and rash are only two of them, believe me there are many more.

Hope your hubster gets to feeling better. I use the benedryl spray when my hands break out and it does help.

I hate to even bring this up, but scabies is going around like fire! my daughter got it at school and it looks like a rash and itches intensely. It tends to be on the hands and feet more but also the trunk of your body as well. You might want to ask them to rule that out. My daughters doctor said it is spreading like wildfire right now.

Erin
Dallas TX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. What does hubby's rash look like? (But even a good dermie may not be able to Dx from appearance alone & may need additional tests, like skin biopsy, etc... )

I've read that most lupus rashes do NOT itch (mine didn't). One exception is something called lupus urticaria = hives. Also, I've read that a bullous lupus rash (looks like raised watery blisters) may, or may not, itch.

Another thought: did you consider meds as a possible cause of the rash?

But based on "just" his chest pains & trouble breathing, doesn't it make sense for him to be thoroughly checked out by some kind of dr.? (Or maybe the people at the pain clinic ARE regular doctors?)

I hope you two get some answers soon. Sincerely, Vee

Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Shelby123 HB User

The only way to know for sure is to have the rash biopsied. If he is that miserable, it is best to look into it.

Closed Thread