It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
hormones and flares

Does anyone else notice any flares happening when you are PMSing? I am 55 and still having pretty regular periods ( yeah..I know ..what's up with that???). This month I'm having particularly bad PMS and I just feel awfull. Achy ,fatigued etc. I've only been diagnosed since May and the placquenil has helped me tremendously,but right now I'm feeling like I did before I went on it .I'm just wondering if there have been any studies dealing with hormones and lupus, or if any one else on here has experienced a flare related to flucuating hormones.
Thanks Kat...

Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

realisticchic HB User
Re: hormones and flares

I flare miserably with every period . I have read some articles about menstral irregularities in women with Lupus, and severe PMS is usually mentioned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

enigma3 HB User

I was hoping to see someone post about this, because I definitely have the same problem. I have been feeling miserable the last few days (should start my period within the next one or two), and it always seems to happen when it's around this time of the month for me. The plaquenil usually helps me feel like a half-way normal human being most of the time, but sometimes the PMS wins out lol.

I've even cut out caffeine from my diet the last month or so because of panic attacks I started having problems with, but it doesn't seem to be helping me feel that much better right now.

Also, does anyone else here get feverish every day around the two weeks before your period starts, even though you are on Plaquenil? That is another question I have been wanting to ask, because it has been happening to me a lot these days. I get really flushed in my face (always looks like a lupus-type rash over cheeks and forehead, and I will feel feverish. It will last a few hours, and it is usually during evenings when I am at work. It seems to happen around the same time every day.. usually a few hours or so after I eat lunch or dinner.

Does anyone know what this is about? It seems like it could even be hormone related if it is happening in the two weeks leading up to my menstrual cycle?

Thanks in advance for any opinions or answers!

Last edited by enigma3; 10-02-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

jenny4480 HB User

Being feverish around 2 weeks before your period starts means your ovulating. Women usually start ovulation around 2 weeks from the last day of your last period.A low grade fever and achy and some fatigue is normal.Evening time is the most common time to have this,because that usually when your body starts relaxing..Thats why your feeling like this like clockwork 2 weeks before your period every month.

Last edited by jenny4480; 10-09-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
(female)

enigma3 HB User

hi Jenny,

Thanks for responding. It makes sense about it being near ovulation time.

But I am actually somewhat concerned because it starts around that time, then seems to happen pretty much every day after that until my period starts. I even have the same problem a little tonight, and I just finished my period. Do you know why this would happen so often?

Thanks for any advice..

Closed Thread