It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

sas361 HB User
ob care with lupus

Can anyone tell me what would be expected while pregnant with lupus? How often u see the OB , what tests are run, isn't early intervention important? I have a friend who is 5 months pg and has Lupus and has only been to dr once when she found out and once for sonagram. SHe says they never gave her the sonogram to take and she doesnt look preg and isn't going to dr. We are now thinking she is a tad "off" her noodle. Any thoughts? Id hate for her to not get the proper care she should have. We are thinking perhaps she got a false positive test for pregnancy and then the u/s showed no baby thats why no sonogram to take with her, and she might be in denial. She has lost several pregnancies. ANy insight would help Thanx

Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
(female)

sas361 HB User
Re: ob care with lupus

I realy need answers here, plz, anything. Im worried about her

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

larsncollin HB User

I'm not sure how much I can help you. I just carried a baby full-term. I had been diagnosed with lupus just months before we got pregnant and I had already lost two. If she has lupus and has had multiple miscarriages there is a very high chance that she also has anti-phospholipid syndrome. This is a clotting disorder that I have. In order to carry my baby I had to give myself 2 shots a day of heparin. I don't know if that is why this pregnancy stuck, but that is the main difference. She should also be working with a doctor who knows she has lupus. The fetus can develop a heart condition or defect, I'm not sure which one. They were constantly checking my baby's heart. They also watched the placenta and made sure that blood was flowing through the cord. With lupus you usually flare up worse during pregnancy, or go into remission. I was lucky and my lupus went into remission. I only had a couple very minor flares. It is not uncommon for someone with lupus to be unable to carry full-term. Again, I'm not sure why, I'm really new to all of this. But I did just go through a pregnancy, and in my opinion she should be working much more closely with a doctor. Many women don't show around 5 months, but it still seems a little strange. If she isn't pregnant, or lost it, I hope she will let you provide the emotional support that she clearly needs.
Good luck!
Lars

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

sas361 HB User

thanks, yeah, she says she is preg but isn't going to the dr, very weird. She also just broke up with a boyfriend a few months back and Im just hoping this isn't a ploy to win him back, told him her u/s showed a girl, and she said they wouldnt give her the pic because she is high risk so she cant show him that either. Women do weird things. She lost a baby at 6 1/2 mons a few yrs back. she is quite overweight , has one ovary , has had kidney;s shut down , Lupus and late 30's ,all high risk factors so it seem to me she should be going to dr at least 2x's a mon. I did with my high risk pregnancy and I dont have Lupus. Well thanks for some insight, I guess time will tell. It looks to me like she has lost weight too. very strange. I just hope for the best and try to be there for support

Closed Thread