It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User
Light at the end of the tunnel ?????????

Hello
I'm on 15 mgs of prednisone a day and methotrexate once a week, 8 little pills. I have swollen knees and ankles as well and feel achy all over in general. I am ana positive and have a general connective tissue thing going on. After all the meds, I still don't feel very well . I finally decided to dish out the $ 275.00 and go to a holistic dr. He is also well practiced in the "medical field." New to me, but dr's aren't trained to get to the root of diseases and fix them. They prescribe meds peroid. My holistic dr. tells me that most diseases are due to "food allergy" very complex but it makes sense. And mercury poisoining is another thing people should be tested for as well. My rhumy dr. mentioned something about the cause to be " hormonal " ok, when i asked this holistic dr, he said it MIGHT BE and lets test you for estrogin and progesterone inballances and fix them !! There is a source to every health issue. And what you eat consists of 50% of your general health. Anyway... i have decided to go on this " elimination diet " and take out all grains, dairy, sugar, most meats, preservitives, citrus and i forget whatelse. I try it for one month and if feeling well , try reintroducing each food back into my diet to see if i react to it, and see if there is a food allergy. Who knows !! W/b if you have any ?? I am so facinated by all this i just had to share !!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

c57s53 HB User
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel ?????????

To whatishappening:

I can understand you being fascinated by the hollistic approach, it is very interesting to listen to it, but do be VERY CAREFUL. I have known many people who have gotten sidetracked by the hollistic, all antural approach and have had very bad outcomes. Some of these people were extremely ill and they didn't realize that they truly needed medical help, and unfortunately it was too late for one of my friends. I don't mean to scare anyone or turn anyone off to any kind of treatment they feel is right but just please do your homework first and speak to many different doctors and then go for second opinions if need be.

Connie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. I'm with Connie on this. If your holistic dr. is a licensed MD knowledgeable in autoimmunity, that's one thing. But if NOT, it's another thing entirely. I have relatives who had very serious diseases & who sought out ONLY alternative medicine, discarding conventional checkups, testing, etc.

But we're all different, have heard different stories, and have different outlooks... Guess that's what makes a horse race, huh? Anyway, I hope you're doing well. Take care, Vee

Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Hi. Yes my holistic dr. is a certified md as well. I am not one of those crazy people that refuses to use meds for whatever reason. I am open to both sides. I will continue to use my meds and try this "special diet" as well, what's it gonna hurt. It has been four days now that i have been eating differently and i feel awesome !! My inflamation has gone down a little bit already and also a sensation of clicking in my knees ( just like when after i get them drained) which is improvement. So, well see !! Thanks for responding girls

Old 10-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. I'm glad to read you're taking a prudent "parallel approach". May you feel better & better! Bye for now, Vee

Closed Thread