It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

kentuckygal33 HB User
Help answer some Qs

I just turned 33 and have been diagnosed with Raynauds for almost 8 years. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 1/2 years ago.
I went to my Rheumotoligst last week and she left a message for me today that some of my blood work was messed up and mentioned Lupus--in a round about way not wanting to tell me a diagnosis over the phone.

I have horrible pain--I'm sure a lot of it is due to my FM.
My eyes are so dry I have had ulcers on my cornea and have to keep lubricating gel in them at night.
My cheeks get bright red, swell slightly and burn like crazy. It only lasts a couple to a few hours at a time.
I get canker sores often and they usually pop up 3 at a time.
My mouth burns HORRIBLY. It's on fire all day every day. Tears roll down my cheeks when toothpaste hits my tounge.
I'm having migranes that last 2 weeks at a time --but that's also a symptom of FM.

Does any of this sound like Lupus? I can't get in to see her until Nov 6 and I'm pretty worried about what I have and what comes next treatment wise.
Any advice/input would greatly be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Help answer some Qs

Kentuckygirl, Many symptoms people can occur in multiple diseases & conditions, which can greatly frustrate diagnosis & treatment. Have you read the "sticky posts" ( = permanent informational threads) at the top of the thread list? There are 3, some containing multiple posts. The info discusses both lupus & antiphospholipid syndrome... I hope you post again soon. Bye for now, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread