It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

sylvia11 HB User
sub-acute cutaneous lupus

My 3-year old (in Jan/08) granddaughter has just been diagnosed with sub-acute cutaneous lupus which so far only involves a the skin butterfly rash on face. She has not received all her immunizations. My
daughter is very unsure about whether or not she should get Sara immunized, espeically with the measles, mumps, rubella vaccine which is a live vaccine. Any comments?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

realisticchic HB User
Re: sub-acute cutaneous lupus

I am NOT a medical professional, just a person with SLE. However, I have read in numerous places that people with Lupus should not recieve "live" vaccines. I have 3 children myself, none of which have Lupus, but the MMR vaccine was very hard on all three of them. My daughter had the worst reaction, breaking out in small blisters from head to toe, vomitting, diareah, and very high fever. I would advise you to get the opinion of a few Drs., namely pediatricians, rhuematologists, and an immunologist before deciding what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: sub-acute cutaneous lupus

Sylvia, Hi. I'm just a patient, too---but in your daughter's shoes I'd do what Realisticchic just suggested.

Have you browsed any lupus hardcovers in your local library or boosktores? Dr. Daniel Wallace covers vaccines, etc. in his hardcover & probably Dr. Robert Lahita does also. Maybe reading what some experts have written will help you get together even better questions for your granddaughter's doctors.

Best wishes to your entire family, from Vee

Closed Thread