It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

mamalaa HB User
Brain Aneursym and Pulmonary Emboli

Hello my name is Judy, I am 45 and have had Lupus probably all my life, but I just finally convinced the doctors now that I wound up with a Pulmonary Emboli in each lung and almost died.
During my visit to the hospital they found out from a MRI that I have an Aneursym, in the left cartiod, which is like the front sinus area. I have had migraines my whole life, swollen joints, rashes the list can go on. Has any one had these issues or surgery for aneursym while taking the blood thinners. I am very scared of this senario. I am lucky to live in Baltimore and will be going to Johns Hopkins Hospital to a Vascular surgeon in December to find out what will be happening, but the worry is horrible. Thanks!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Brain Aneursym and Pulmonary Emboli

Mamalaa, Hi. I haven't had these problems, but my mother did. And she was NEVER Dx'ed with lupus. After I was Dx'ed, well into my 40's [eeek! Old! And even older now! ], I really started to wonder about HER, minimally that she may have had antiphospholipid syndrome, plus quite possibly lupus. She definitely had Raynaud's, migraines, & heart problems. She was put on a blood thinner in her 50's. Her aneurysm, which came in her late 80's, was a subarachnoid, in her brain; her surgeons were neurosurgeons.

My mother did have several surgeries during her decades on a blood thinner: gall bladder was the big one, plus several minor procedures. She was weaned off the blood thinner then put back on afterwards. She did well, even with the gall bladder procedure, which happened in her 70's.

Anyway, you're in an area with great doctors. I think at this level of medicine, your vascular surgeon & rheumie (or GP) should be quite willing to communicate freely. And have you found any written info on carotid surgery? Reading in advance could help you develop more good questions---and maybe good answers will help calm your worst fears.

Hang in there! I hope you keep posting here. Best wishes, from Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
(female)

SarinaRose123 HB User
Smile Re: Brain Aneursym and Pulmonary Emboli

i have never had this or know of anyone till i read this that has had this. but its good for me to hear it, so i know to watch for that kind of thing if i get put on blood thinners or anything else your on that might be causing it. i will pray for you if you dont mind i really hope you have things work out well. and i want to stay in touch with you i think you'll be great support for me... hee hee no i want to be support for you and everyone who helps me. your friend and shoulder ~Sarina*

Closed Thread