It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

SarinaRose123 HB User
poor diet

i have to confess i have a POOR DIET!!!!!!!!! really poor. but you diet refects your income lol. But i want to eat better and i know i need to eat better. so i was wanting to know others diets. how much having and NOT having certain food help in your srugle with lupus. and if any of you have and income the same as my diet and income how do you budget so you can eat well. good food is soooo not cheap. and the crappier the food the less it costs. so how do you all do it? please and thank you for your help. ~Sarina*

Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

SarinaRose123 HB User
Re: poor diet

ANYONE any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

mysobriquet HB User
Re: poor diet

i'm in the same boat... but the truth is this... if you can afford internet, you can afford good food... it's a choice...

no offense, and please don't think i'm hating on you... b/c hey, i'm making the same choice, clearly...

i pay like $150 a month for cable and internet but i say that i can't afford doctor's appointments ha

it's all about choices...

when it comes to diet, it will take some journaling on your part to figure out how you are triggered by certain foods...

some will definitely make you feel better... some worse... for whatever reason, things w/cottonseed oil in them can cause me to flare up in a weird way... don't know why... but it's true...

also, the stomach ibs stuff gets worse w/raw foods... waay worse... so as much as i love peppers/onions, i can't eat them unless they are cooked to death!!!

same w/some raw fruit...

i'd say just shop sales...clearance sale red tagged bananas have the same nutritional value as bright new bananas... just a little mushy...

i went through periods in grad school where i lived off of bread and peanut butter for weeks at a time... so i'm still struggling w/the concept that food isn't a luxary... it's a necessity... but i'm getting better w/time...

like the wise animated creatures in over the hedge say... humans tend to live to eat instead of eat to live...

i wish i had an appetite, that's probably why i rambled so long about food... ha good luck and hope it works out... also, try coupons.com see if that helps...

Closed Thread